Wednesday, August 07, 2024

My World of Wonders aka The Wednesday Ws August 7, 2024


Where have I been? Chicago, to spend a couple of days with my fellow wizards, former co-worker, and friends. 

Who have I talked with?  Jim, Emily, Loraine, Erica, Amy, Holly, Jacob, Eric, Robert, Karen, I will never name them all, lots and lots of dear friends.  We went out to dinner with Justin, and old friend of the Sweet Bear. 

What have I seen? The area around the north end of Grant Park, the Chicago River, a nice walk up Michigan Avenue.  I didn't have a lot of free time, and the weather was warm and very humid.  

Which Hotel did we stay at?  The Hyatt Regency on Wacker in Chicago.  It has been updated since I was there last fall, and is looking good. 

When is the next adventure?  September, I need to get ready to attend the wedding of a dear friend on that trip. 

What am I working on?  The second edit of a report, and reading a book I need to review in the next week or so. It is a short book. 

How is everyone? My sister has had all restrictions lifted by her doctors, Jay's brother is still in cardiac intensive care. The two of us are doing well. 

What have I been eating?  Some great Italian food, Rosebud has a new location near Grant Park.  

My wish for the week? A return to sanity in politics. 

What surprised me in Chicago? How friendly and helpful locals were, asking if I would like them to take my selfie, and offering directions and advice on restaurants. 










15 comments:

  1. Oh there pops up Penguin!!!!!!!!! I saw this face in my reader last week and then it disappeared!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo was intended for the DailySelfie blog, and was momentarily posted the wrong blog. There is a link for my daily selfie on the bottom right

      Delete
  2. I've always thought Chicago would be an interesting place to visit. Lot of trains to play with. I pleased to hear you found the locals friendly and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always seem so upbeat about your life and the choices you make and that's laudable in my book. By the way, there were 617 homicides and 2450 shootings across Chicago throughout 2023, according to Chicago Police Department data.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might as well enjoy life, and avoid the gangsters.

      Delete
  4. The sanity, and positivity, in politics IS a welcome change ... at least on the one side.
    Good news about your sister, sending good thoughts about Jay's brother.
    I have always find that people in larger cities are very helpful to out-of-towners and tourists, contrary to popular opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The repugs seem to be swirling down the drain.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the good vibes Bob. 😘

      Delete
    3. We need to go to SC some sunny day

      Delete
  5. Glad your visit to Chi-town went well! Sorry for the heat - it's cooled off a bit now...
    I always feel like an excited tourist when I head to Chicago even tho I have lived in this area for most of life! There are so many wonderful sights to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're headed to Chicago this weekend. Need to plan some new places to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by improvements in Grant Park since the last time I had spent much time there.

      Delete
  7. It sounds a fine trip - and what a nice photo too.

    ReplyDelete