A year ago I posted the following goals for 2020:
- Keep moving, go to the gym at least 5 times per week, start keeping a gym / activity log (I haven't done that in close to 20 years.)
- Take a two week trip to Ireland, Wales and London in early March.
- Read 50 books
- Daily Blog
- Add 5,000 photographs to the archive
- Continue to build a life outside of the office.
- Going to the gym, and the gym activity log was kept for the first couple of months, then we went to Ireland, Wales and London for 16 days, and returned to the gyms being closed. Hmm, I shifted directions to my nearly daily walks in the marsh along the Potomac river. Weather permitting, I walk nearly 2-miles every morning. I did drop the log - it is here in the keyboard drawer on my desk.
- The trip to Ireland, Wales and London in early March went off, not exactly as planned, but it was a wonderful experience. I am so glad we did what we did, when we did it, we even had dinner with John of Going Gently.
- I finished 28 books, instead of 50. For years my primary reading time was an hour plus, five days a week on the subway train going to and from the office, and frequent long airline flights. I have only been on the trains once since the end of February. I am actually pleased at having finished 28 books, considering the changes in routine.
- Daily Blog - mission accomplished once again, I have missed one day in 6 years.
- I added about 8,791 photos the archive this year, far exceeding the goal of 5,000
- "Continue to build a life outside of the office." I had no idea how much of my life I would spend outside of the office this year, or is it that I am always in the office now that I am working in my bedroom? Working from home, has given me a good handle on post work life. My daily walks - with the camera in hand, I have had three recipes published this year (I see a cooking blog in the post employment era.) I can much more easily see life after the office, most likely three years from now.
Goals for 2021
- Read 24 books, two a month is a healthy goal.
- Continue 45 minutes to an hour per day of physical activity. Restart the daily activity log, what gets measured gets done.
- Blog daily.
- Add another 5,000 photos to the archive.
- Start to learn to identify birds, flowers and trees.
- Reach out to at least one friend per week, even if just to say Hi!
- Develop my storytelling - putting a lifetime of adventures into words.