Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Baa - Baa

If I won the PowerBall lottery, and had more money than I could ever reasonably spend, I'd buy a farm.  I grew up on a funny farm, there are times when I would like to spend time in the country.   I'd have hire a farmer, there just simply are things I can't physically do, and farming is very physical work.  And I'd keep a flock of sheep.  Big fluffy sheep.  Maybe build a plant to process wool, and spin it for knitters and other needle crafters.  We fell in love with sheep when we spent a week with friends in Yorkshire a good number of years ago.  

If you had a farm, what would be the first herd you would buy? 


 

20 comments:

  1. Pigmy goats. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/01/2020

    You grew up on a funny farm. That explains much.

    You would of course need a very strong young farmer with lots of stamina.

    I know cows. Messy. Sheep, not so interesting. Goats can be fun. Maybe llamas. They are sweet creatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if sheep and llamas get along.

      Delete
  3. A herd of grape vines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chickens. and I see connor's mother in that pix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does your neighborhood allow backyard chickens?

      Delete
    2. not sure; I would have to check with the township.

      Delete
  5. A herd of rabbits. Well, just two rabbits at first. They'd soon create the herd for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big fluffy sheep!!! 🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid you won't find me on a farm. I'm a city girl through and through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine living in the country full time again,

      Delete
  8. I'm with WCS and Mitchell: grapevines and staff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine making takes a lot of strong backs,

      Delete