Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Reflections


 Looking back at a couple of last week's posts, on politics and the economy, I was a bit of a Debbie-Downer. I was feeling a lot off for a few days, it has been a shitty year in some ways, and it all gets too me sometimes. I am pretty good at faking that everything is okay, until my ability to believe my own delusions reaches its limit.  The office keeps reminding us to take care of our physical and mental health.  I am fortunate that I seldom get down, and I have never been in the dark hole of clinical depression, but there are times when I have to take steps to move myself to a happier place. 

For me, an important part of that process, is admitting to myself that I am feeling off, and sharing with at least one other person that I am feeling low.  I am often able to identify what is bothering me.  This year, isolation, a loser that refuses to admit he lost, people that are sick and dying from COVID, recognizing racism is still a problem, not being able to travel - you know the same thing that is driving a lot of us to the edge.  A good laugh helps me, I spent a couple of hours watching the Graham  Norton show on YouTube one evening.  Cooking and baking helps, I just pulled a cranberry walnut tart out of the oven.  My blogging buddies help.  

Unfortunately for my dear readers, blogging goes on no matter how I feel. I have only missed one day in six years.  I can only post so far ahead when I am feeling strong, so you get a few when I am not. 

What do I want for Christmas, to see the door hit Trump and 2020 in the ass on the way out of the door.  


  


16 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I very seldom let anyone see me when Im down or feeling low, hence my unload last week. I need to do it more, but I know I won't. I just go into my shell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To quote AM, "let it spew!" when you need to. Hmm, we haven't had a good spew from the Warrior Queen in a while,

      Delete
    2. that's because we are all in the same boat and brain-puking won't do anything to solve the problem. we all gotta hang tough and together and look forward to january 20.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12/15/2020

    It has certainly been a rough year for your country, especially with the madness of the pandemic and the madness of #45. Bound to wear anyone down really. So what is your excuse for missing one day blogging in six years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The missed day, was before I started consciously drafting and scheduling ahead, and it just slipped by.

      Delete
  3. I’d be worried if this year DIDN’T get you down. Glad you’re able to see it and work through it. Let’s all celebrate together on January 20th. That should be somewhat uplifting.

    Sassybear
    Www.Idleeyesandadormy.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1/20/21 the greatest palindrome in American history - in many ways.

      Delete
    2. whoa, you are correct, david!

      Delete
  4. only 16 more days til this fucking year is OVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, hey, HEY, don't use that discriminatory term "DEBBIE-downer" -- I OBJECT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dickie-downer...ooops, that has naughty connotations. donnie-downer.

      Delete
  6. LOL..I love that last line and can actually picture it. A cranberry walnut tart sounds delicious. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to see how gracelessly he leaves.

      Delete
  7. Let us hope the bastard is out in a month.

    ReplyDelete