Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Travel Tuesday: Smithsonian Air and Space Museum 59

 I remember being surprised that the Smithsonian is not one museum, but a collection of museums, about a dozen in the Washington DC area, and a few others outside of the area. 

For me one of the jewels in the collection has always been the Air and Space Museum on the National Mall in Washington DC.  The museum is in the process of a massive renovation, only about half of it is open at the moment.  Another year or so and it will be finished.  We visited recently. 


























13 comments:

  1. It's an exceptional museum. Haven't been there in a long, long time, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it my first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is about half open, and is finishing up a major remodel.

      Delete
  2. The museum looks to be fantastic, and even for someone with little interest in planes, I would visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planes are very much like trains, with wings.

      Delete
  3. That was always one of the more impressive museums in the Smithsonian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, that Wright Brothers plane looks like it's made of balsa wood and paper tissues, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Termites and moths would worry me.

      Delete
  5. It's been a very long time since I've visited this museum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the Wright Brothers to present time...what an amazing progression of flight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What does the next 100 years hold?

      Delete
  7. I would spend all my time in DC in this (those) museum(s)

    ReplyDelete