Wednesday, November 22, 2023

My World of Wonders, aka the Wednesday Ws November 22 edition 44


Where have I been? The office, the gym, the farmers market, a little grocery shopping to get ready for Thanksgiving, an arts and crafts fair, Warby Parker to order new glasses.  

What am I up to?  I have six days off for the holiday weekend, I added an extra couple of days. 

What am I reading?  I finished a historical biography of Patrick Henry, and started a gay-novel.  Book 60 for the year. 

What have I been watching?  My friends on YouTube - at least they feel like friends, Goldrush - we enjoy watching that for some reason.  

Who am I  meeting? Karl and Inga Time Warp Iceland are in the City for a few days, and I am meeting them for a drink on Friday.  

What is happening at the office? I cancelled Tuesday, there was no reason for me to be in the office. Appointment of my successor.  Preparation for my last two webinars is complete.  I have an ethics article I want to write between now and the end of the year. 

How is the weather? Unstable, frosty one morning, and warm the next day.  Rain and sunshine.  Probably 20 percent of the leaves are still on the trees, a late fall.  

Who deserves a slap this week? No one, peace and love. 

Who deserves an atta-boy this week? Human Resources has me the paperwork that I need way ahead of time, to sort out continued health insurance after my work coverage ends.  

When does the final wind down start? December 22nd, mostly paid time off between then and January 5th. 

What am I thankful for?  A good life, good friends, good family, 

What made me laugh this week? SpaceX had a rocket explode or as they described it experienced "a rapid unscheduled disassembly." Yes and I am gravity challenged. 

What made me smile?  I took Tuesday off, mid-afternoon I was nodding a bit, and let me self drift off for a nap. When I awoke, I realized that in another 44 days, I can do that whenever I want. 




14 comments:

  1. No one deserves a slap? I'll slap a few on your behalf. I loved those 6-day weekends and cancelling Tuesday is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cousin Bill complained that the only thing he didn't like about retirement, was never having a day off.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was thinking about doing a year of daily selfies.

      Delete
    2. I liked the photo too; selfies sound like a good idea. "Whatever I want" of course means with my permission... 😆

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Have a wonderdul weekend with your Sweet Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for this laugh:
    "a rapid unscheduled disassembly."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When engineers take creative writing classes.

      Delete
  5. I also been watching YouTube as well.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only one month to go and then you are pretty much done with the workaday world. Freedom calls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a rapid unscheduled disassembly - this made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so green with envy, the neighborhood kids started decorating me when I went out to get the mail.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete