Wednesday, November 15, 2023

My World of Wonders, aka The Wednesday W's 51


Where have I been this week?  A couple of long walks in the swamp, the mall to get my eyes checked, the Kennedy Center for the National Symphony, the gym, the office, the pharmacy, and Covid and Flu vaccines.

Who have I heard from?  John, Spo, Mitchell, a few professional contacts, my sister.  

What random act of kindness this week?  I was leaving the office and there was a homeless guy in a wheelchair trying to get out of the lobby, I paused and held the huge glass doors open for him. Kindness only takes a moment. 

What have I been listening to?  French at A Glance, a cassette tape from 1990, a short refresher. 

What news am I following?  Seismic and volcanic activity in Iceland, that is the corner of the country we visited last April, we had a delightful lunch in a local place in Grindavik, floated in the Blue Lagoon.  It is a beautiful area with kind and friendly people. 

Where did I make travel plans for? Louisville, Kentucky, the ABA Mid-Year meeting is there in early February, and I decided to go. 

Who deserves and ata-boy this week? My sweet bear, for being a sweet bear. 

Who deserves a slap this week?  The eye doctors office for no fewer than 10 reminders of my appointment, 9 of them after I confirmed that yes I would be there. 3 out of 5 slaps for being annoying. 

What surprised me this week?  How close we are to the end of the year. 

Where do we live? In the building on the left.

Who is annoying this week? The comment spammers. 


   

18 comments:

  1. I've been receiving the same multiple reminders from my local public hospital for an appointment next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not respond kindly to being reminded to confirm after I have already done so.

      Delete
  2. I love your walks in the swamp. That could describe the entire capital district! We’re going to be seeing each other soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that situation in Iceland seems quite dire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep watching the news from Iceland.

      Delete
  4. I think your place looks very nice and quiet.

    Just a mere few days after we left Portofino, I saw on the news a tsunami like storm and tidals hit the town, flooding it out and doing major damages. Talk about a narrow escape. And thanks heaven it was off season, otherwise the deaths would have been terrible I imagine..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww... you're such a sweetie! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  6. There has been a marked uptick in spam comments. I check each more and then delete delete delete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am checking at least once a day.

      Delete
  7. What a nice looking building and lovely fall colors. Yup, those spammers are a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are four high rise towers on about 35 acres of tree covered hill top.

      Delete
  8. You live in Alexandria, right? How far is your building from the Old Town? I bet it is great living so close to DC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 1.5 miles south of Old Town, about a 10 minute walk from the Huntington Metro station. Metro access was critical.

      Delete
  9. Trying to think what or who annoyed me. No one is coming to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is a sweet bear indeed.

    ReplyDelete