Wednesday, November 08, 2023

My World of Wonders, aka, The Wednesday W's November 8th edition 58


Where have I been?  Home, work, out to dinner, the first Saturday morning coffee in the condo, the farmers market, the pharmacy, out for a nice walk, the gym, the pharmacy for vaccines (2 out of 3 done,) and Aldi for a little bargain shopping.     

Who have I seen? The usual, neighbors, colleagues, strangers. 

What have I been thinking about? Finishing up work projects, I have added a couple of things, including one last webinar, on the project that made it possible for me to be here doing this for the past 15 years.  I wanted the closure.  It has led to me rethinking the approach to an issue I have worked on for years.  

What happened this week? The book my office has been working on seemingly forever has been printed. It is finished at long last. 

What have I been cooking? Bean soup with ham.

Where to next? No change, New York in January. 

What was the news this week? John from Going Gently is going to be in New York in June, I see an international blogger lunch in the works.  Want to join us? (I don't know the dates yet.) 

Who deserves an atta-boy this week? Ivar Gunnarsson, has returned to YouTube, he was missed when he took four months off. 

Who deserves a slap this week? The elevator (lift) service company in the our building, one of the three elevators has been out of service all but one day, in the past month.  3 out of 5, it has only been 10 years since we spent a million-dollars to install three new elevators on the promise that the new ones would be more reliable and parts would be readily available. 

What made me laugh? This from a State Park in North Carolina that has an overly friendly bear.

👂
BE AWARE, try to make noise periodically, and don't use earbuds. (The bear more than likely hates your taste in music and podcasts anyway.)
👯
DON'T HIKE ALONE, if possible! Take someone with you. (Whether you choose someone who looks more appetizing than you is your business, but keep in mind that beauty is in the eye of the bear-holder.)
🐶
Always KEEP YOUR PETS ON A LEASH or leave them at home. (Dogs are friends, not food. If anyone can translate that into bear language, let us know. In the meantime, 6-foot leash at all times!) 


14 comments:

  1. I love the idea of taking someone more appetizing-looking when you go hiking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am plump and juicy, I wonder what the bear would think,

      Delete
  2. The bear warning sign is brill. Last year our lifts were renovated and touch wood, they have become more reliable, as well as looking more pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The elevator is still out of service.

      Delete
  3. A grizzly killed 2 people in Banff just a couple of months ago. Wardens figure their dog provoked the bear and caused the tragedy. The bear killed the dog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs upset bears, alligators, and porcupines.

      Delete
  4. Common sense park rules with a twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was fun that some had a sense of humor.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, that bear sign had me laughing. What a great sense of humor around a pretty serious situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite t-shits said, "Bears Like People, They Taste Like Chicken."

      Delete
  6. The North Carolina State Park advice is unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Gunnarson is a dear; he promises to do another chili advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete