Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Wonders of My World W's, Last of May 31st Edition


Where Have I Been?  Home, the office, the Farmers Market, the gym. 

What has put a smile on my face? A couple of trips with the top down in the little car.  

What has made me sad? News that Sophie is terminally ill.  We will miss our vicarious walks. 

Who is that in the back seat? Panda, he likes taking a ride in the sunshine. 

What have I been cooking?  A nice roast beef last weekend, cheap beef slow cooked in red wine until it fell apart.  

What have I been reading?  I have finished 20 books in five months, I am currently reading "The Secret Life of Groceries". 

What have I been listening to?  YouTube music videos. What ever happened to MTV? 

What have I been watching?  Oh Cook -2, James May is back on Amazon Prime Video - I binged watched the season.  And the Indy 500.  

When is my next adventure?  The next scheduled is August, we are thinking about a trip to Cleveland to see family. 

Who have I heard from? Jay's brother and his wife in Cleveland, Doc Spo, a friend in Boston who invited me to speak at a conference in Chicago in October, a friend in northern Indiana, who will speak with me in Chicago, my sister. 

What is this week's Ray of Sunshine?  A reported deal on the raising the debt ceiling.  It is ABOUT TIME! 

Who deserves a hug this week?  The in-unit service guy at the condo, we put in a request to replace the float valve in a toilet, he showed up within a couple of hours, looked and said, all this needs is an adjustment, 30 second later it was working perfectly.  He knew what knob to twist in what direction and rather than a $100 replacement, it was a $25 house call.  

Who deserves a slap this week?  The fascists in Florida - lots of them.  


 


16 comments:

  1. A week in the life. Always refreshing. I'll add my slaps to the Florida fascists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand Florida. There are a lot of wealthy retirees, gays, tourists and Cubans. Mix that all together and you get someone like DeSantis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida politics have really gotten ugly,

      Delete
  3. What a great, happy photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The top down always puts a smile on my face.

      Delete
  4. It pretty safe to say the fascist in Florida need a slap just about daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top down season happens very quickly in the AZ desert. Blink and you might miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one memorable afternoon, with the top down and getting stuck in stop and go traffic when it was near 100 degrees.

      Delete
  6. I would love a ride with the top down, but my top doesn't do that. 😢
    Florida deserves much more than a slap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just add "The Secret Life of Groceries" to my goodread list.
    All fascist needs a good swift kick.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more about the food industry than food. Well written, a little academic.

      Delete
  8. I had to double look indeed there is a panda bear there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been my backseat bear for a long time

      Delete