Wednesday, May 24, 2023

My World of Wonders aka Wednesday Ws May 24 2024

Where have I been?  Huntley Meadows - a wildlife refuge near home - hence the snake. The good dentist, who was early, fast, easy - and complimented me on my brushing and flossing.  The office three times, an extra trip in for a going away party for one of our operations people who is moving back to Santa Fe, he is irreplaceable, big shoes to fill.  And the Kennedy Center for the National Symphony on Saturday night.  

Who have I seen?  Senator Tim Kaine - at the opening of the Potomac Yard Metro station.  (If someone hadn't greeted him with, "welcome Senator" I might not have recognized him.) 



Where am I going?  I am going to check those last two states off the list, I made travel plans this week for a road trip being added to a conference in Denver in August.  I will finally visit Idaho and Wyoming.  A bucket list item for me.  

What am I reading? I have been on a reading binge.  I finished "Sorry I am late, I didn't want to come," and Bob Newhart's bio, and I am working on "At least in the city someone would hear me scream."  The first one was insightful and serious, the last two are fun and funny.  Interesting trivia question, what is Bob Newhart's first name?  George. 

What is new? My sweet bear decided we needed a new television in the living room,  he struggled for 24- hours with set up and cable connections and it works well.  

When have I smiled? A lot recently, a lot of nice walks, lots of great reading, getting a few things done at the office. 

Who deserves a big THANK YOU this week? The people who designed the new subway station at Potomac Yard, it is pretty and functional. 

Who deserves a big slap this week? The idiot governor of Floridah who thinks other states want to follow his model of fascism - on a scale of 1 to 5 at least 5,000,000 slaps (VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!)   



 

15 comments:

  1. Remember when you could buy a TV and just plug it in? I love lines like: “Sorry I am late, I didn't want to come.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just did the new TV hookup. It took me several hours, and a night of sleep, to finish it up. Oy! And the guy at the store called setup "simple."
    Makes me a simpleton, I'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure that 5,000,000 slaps are enough?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to check the last two states off your list! Mission accomplished.

    FloriDUH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next will be a short list of countries I want to visit.

      Delete
  5. I would love to give the governor of Florida big, stinging smack and I'm generally a gentle person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope the primaries do the job.

      Delete
  6. That is one handsome snake!
    Idaho and Wyoming, huh? Saving the best for last I see. Ouch! I have to remember to remove my tongue from cheek before biting down!
    We recently got rid of the last of the red-hot platelet..um, white cell? Plasma televisions! I got sick of having to wait up to five days for it to awaken after a power outage. It was pretty simple to install since I didn't have to lift a finger. That's what husband and son teams are for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been warned that the drive may be a lunar landscape, there are only four states I have never been to because of work these two - Mississippi and Oklahoma that I have otherwise visited. There is a growing list of been there done that states, that I don't care to go back to. It is great to hear from you.

      Delete
  7. DeSantis is right down scary. I'm sure he will get plenty of votes here in Idaho. Actual last presidential primary Ted Cruz carried Idaho. I didn't vote for either Trump or Cruz. And won't cast a ballot for DeSantis.
    I didn't Bob Newhart, given name was George.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep a low profile as I visit the south eastern corner of Idaho and check #50 off the list

      Delete
  8. I suspect he will get his way.

    ReplyDelete