Wednesday, May 17, 2023

World of Wonders aka Wednesday Ws May 17 2023


Where have I been?  The Marriott Marquis in Washington DC, to speak at a conference, home, the office, the farmers market, the gym. 

Who have a talked with?  It was fun to be at an in-person conference and be able to talk with my fellow wizards for a couple of hours. 

What have a spent money on?  I ordered a 100 page printed book of photos from the April adventure to Iceland.  I started doing photo books a few years ago. This is the longest and most expensive one so far.  It should be here in a week or so, I hope it turns out well.  

When is my next adventure?  I need to go to Denver for work the end of July first of August, I am wondering if I should add a few days and either go to Silverton, or check the last two states off my list.  

Who have I seen this week? Retired Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer, he was in the lobby at the office trading jokes with a member of the board. 

What have I been cooking?  I am off on a pickling binge.  I make sour-dills whenever I can find pickling cucumbers. In Iceland we had pickled onions and I have made a couple of pints of those,  I have eggs pickling (I have never had one) and beets pickling (I have never made those before.) 

What does pickling say about my mood?  I am in a nesting mood, preserving the goodness of the day.  

What have I been reading?  I have a couple of books going at the same time, one's I have mentioned before and not finished.  Four and half months into the year, and I have finished reading 16 books.  A couple behind pace for one a week.  

Who deserves a big THANK YOU this week? My co-presenter who helped me carry the show. 

Who deserves a slap this week?  Everyone opposed to gun control, how many must die to assuage their irrational fears? Keep slapping until they come around.     

14 comments:

  1. No scheduled travel until July. Maybe some nice local adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hop the train to anywhere, I am in a mood for a couple of days in NYC.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry that I missed this as I came late to the Travel Penguin Party - but what do you do for a living Mr Penguin? Sitting in a fancy room, talking to people from a "non profit" pulpit makes me think you are probably a preacher but what religion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admitted this last fall, I am director of the American Bar Association Commission on Law and Aging, I direct research and training on how legal issues impact older adults.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. That's big stuff and very worthwhile too.

      Delete
  3. I love to pickle veggies, too. Summertime is my favorite time for pickling the bounty of beautiful veggies that fill the farmers' markets. Enjoy your beets. I have tried forever to like beets and I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet bear asked for the beets, who knew?

      Delete
  4. I love a pickle; I like a pickled onion. But eggs and beets are a hard pass.
    We have some weekend getaways coming up, beaches and mountains and maybe the Keys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Key West in decades.

      Delete
  5. I'm happy to slap a few with you.
    Those pickles and onions sound great to me. I'm not as sure about the eggs and beats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know on the eggs in a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  6. Pretty much any kind of veg is good when pickled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am near a great farmers market.

      Delete
  7. A good meme indeed. You are doing well.

    ReplyDelete