Wednesday, May 10, 2023

My World of Wonder aka Wednesday Ws: May 10th Edition

What have I been up to?  Work, work, work, I am presenting at three training events this week, and I am doing prep for another one later this month, those kind of keep me busy.  I am back on the treadmill as often as possible - great YouTube watching time.  I had a nice trip to the farmers market trip on Saturday, pickles are working. 

What have I been watching?  The Coronation of King Charles III, and the Kentucky Derby. 

What have I been cooking?  A beef and veggie pie, tuna, fresh local asparagus, a fennel salad.

What am I reading?  Epistemology: A Beginner's Guide - I should have taken a philosophy class at University. 

Where am I going? This week into the office three days.  State College, Pennsylvania in September, with dinner with Maddie on that trip. I need to make some summer travel plans.  

Who have I talked with? My sweet bear, colleagues at work, gee I need to get out more. 

What am I dreaming about? Deleting my office email. 

What put a smile on my face? Saturday morning, the weather was perfect, about 60 degrees fahrenheit, bright and sunny, I put the top down on the little car and ran a couple of errands.  

What am I thinking about?  When I retire do I want to invite my professional colleagues to follow me on this blog, or start a second channel to invite them to follow my post work life? 

Who deserves an atta-boy this week? Metrorail, aka the DC subway, the Yellow Line Bridge over the Potomac reopened on Sunday, after 8 months of rebuilding. 

Who deserves a slap this week? Congress for so many reasons, not enough to go around. 

What have I been listening to? Jimmy Buffett, and Willie Nelson.  





 

19 comments:

  1. All that and I'm simply wondering if that's an original Viking puffer jacket or a reproduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Epistemology: A Beginner's Guide" sounds like punishment to me. Certainly not something Vikings would have been thinking about when pillaging the east coast of England. Oh and they also did that terrible thing that Trump did even though the jury didn't hear enough evidence to confirm it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I challenge my mind with finding the meaning of meaning from time to time. The helmet was heavy.

      Delete
  3. Congress should be in a perpetual state of slapped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re inviting your professional colleagues to read this blog or have another channel for them to follow depends on how you want to spend your retirement time. Do you want to manage two blogs? I think they would enjoy your Adventures and also enjoy getting to know you from another perspective outside of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great points. There is so much more of me, that most of my work colleagues don't know. I have tried second blogs, with work I find it hard to maintain content for more than one. I had a daily photo blog, and one on cameras and photography for a short time. There is one of old family photos.

      Delete
  5. You have been careful not to say anything really bad about work, except your own fatigue and desire to retire. So content is not an issue. But be selective about who you invite; among other things, you don't want someone who would constantly comment about work things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might chuckle and say, not my problem

      Delete
  6. PS: You've never looked lovelier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a photo or two of you in the same

      Delete
  7. I love the photo! Deleting office email sounds like a very satisfying task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7 months, 21 days - it is not like I am counting or anything.

      Delete
  8. I rather love this photo of you

    ReplyDelete