Saturday, May 13, 2023

The Saturday Morning Post: Seize the Second Chance Day

It is May 13th, the 8th Anniversary of my second chance to pursue life and grand adventures.  I won't go into the details, you can go back and look at May and June of 2015 if you wish, but today is the day of successful surgery that gave me a second chance at the great adventures.  

A moment for me to pause, be thankful for having access to some of the worlds best Doctors and good insurance, and to remind myself to enjoy everyday, seize every opportunity to enjoy the adventures of life.  

I have had 8 great years of professional success.  Eight years of travel. Eight years of marital bliss. I have stretched myself outside of my comfort zone, and learned how to relax into comfort and not feel like I don't belong or deserve what I have.  

So how is my health?  My weight is about the same as last year, up just a pound or two, my blood pressure reflects the stress of the office, we are working on that.  My balance continues to improve.  I am able to walk for a couple of hours at a time.  My pace has slowed slightly, but my endurance is good.  Standing for long periods of time can become difficult, and the docs really can't explain why.  The feeling in my feet is stable at about 90% of "normal." If they had told me 8 years ago that peak recovery would take years, I would have doubted what they said.  It has, I kind of hope this is not the peak (when I finish this I am headed off the gym.) 

I am reminded to pursue the adventures in life, there are no guarantees, no assurances that our good health, will continue.  Don't put off until tomorrow the opportunities of today.  We regret more the things we could have done, and didn't, than all of the things we did that didn't turn out as we had hoped.  

Seize the day, seize the second changes.

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Another great photo of you. Iceland is your backdrop. So happy for you and your incredible recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, great backdrop, Gullfoss

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the recovery and your perseverance. It's an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise words of experience! Congrats to you and wishing you many more years of good health and new experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep going as long as we can keep going

      Delete
  4. 😘😘😘😘😘 "I have had 8 great years of professional success." - remember to tell yourself that often. "My pace has slowed slightly" - for which we are grateful. "Eight years of marital bliss." - same here, Sweetie! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice for everyone. You have many more adventures to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An endless list of adventures,

      Delete
  6. “Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.”
    ~ Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete