Thursday, June 22, 2023

Thursday Ramble: Where did it go

I was editing posts on the road, and I lost one.  The one I thought I had scheduled for today.  I have struggled a bit with a post for this day, at least one other one is in draft, I don't like it.  

We just returned from a five day road trip to Cleveland.  It was a good trip.  It is about 7 hours drive each way - in my opinion a full days drive for us.  

We visited with both of J's brothers, and his older brother's wife.  We spend a couple of afternoons with J's oldest brother.  We had a free day, for just the two of us and took a long slow drive along Lake Erie west of Cleveland.  It was good.  It was a nice get away for me.  It is a trip we will likely make a few more times.  

Lots of quality time.  We still make one another laugh, we complete one another's sentences, and still surprise one another.

On Sunday we went to Hale's Farm, south of city it is a history center.  On Tuesday we took a sightseeing boat ride, a nice couple of hours, and soon to be the subject of more posts.  

  


 

20 comments:

  1. Can’t wait to see pictures. Sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the best Ohio has to offer.

      Delete
  2. Cleveland is in Ohio. A quick Google and there is much to see there. Nice but we've learnt that seven hours driving is now too much for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of the limit for us these days

      Delete
  3. May I ask - have you visited The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland? It must have been twenty years since I was there and I thought it was quite brilliant. The others had to drag me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun and laid-back trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Under scheduled, and very enjoyable

      Delete
  5. I like the sound of an easy-going getaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it was great to see the brothers.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like a good trip for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes we can getaways can be just as nice as a two-week vacation if done right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like last Friday was a month ago

      Delete
  8. I really enjoy Cleveland...lots to see. Next time we're there, I want to go to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. It's the only NP in the state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We drove part of it, and went to Hale's Farm.

      Delete
  9. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just put together next Tuesday's travel photo collection, for one of the adventures.

      Delete