Monday, June 19, 2023

Moody Monday: Be a flower that brightens people's day


Here I go again, talking about being a little ray of sunshine, blooming where we are planted, doing one thing to make the world a better place for someone today. 

And you know, I mean it.  Being nasty seldom helps. I am more than capable of being thorny and painful - there have been times in my life when that was the part of my being that dominated my interaction with others.  It was not fun for me, and certainly not fun for others.  

I get more kindness, when I am kind, when I smile, when I say please and thank you.  And isn't that what we really want? 

I had a family member who disliked flowers.  Flowers only last a short time, if you don't water them they wilt, if you overwater them, they die, or the vase overflows and makes a mess.  Flowers cost money. And all of that can be true. 

But that punch of color, softness, vulnerability, is beauty in the world.  Sometimes we smell them, and never see them, and they brighten our day.  I wonder if there are any flowers that make a sound?  I bet it is a pleasant sound.  

Today, be a pop of color, softness, vulnerability, brighten someone's day. 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture! And I long have believed that old saying-You attract more fly's with honey, not vinegar. And if people don't like flowers, nature or animals, I think there has to be something seriously wrong with them...there off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an overtly Please and Thank You guy, and it does make life a little happier than the sourness of some folks.
    Even at my most sarcastic, I am still polite ... if that even makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have got to meet you someday

      Delete
  3. Lovely post today, thanks! It brightened my day already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color in that flower, really caught my eye

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this. I think I'll go out at lunch time and get some flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took a long slow drive along the north coast of Ohio, west of Cleveland

      Delete
  5. You are my flower.

    ReplyDelete