Wednesday, June 21, 2023

My World of Wonders aka the Wednesday Ws June 21st edition


Where have I been? I walked by my first office in DC and around the corner past the White House on my way to the office one morning. Over the weekend we drove to Cleveland to visit family.  I went into Old Town Alexandria to have my hair cut. 

Who have I seen?  Jay's brothers, the wife of one of the said brothers, Rocco for a haircut, a conference room full of project directors for a meeting with the boss's, boss's, boss.  

What have I done? I voted. A local primary, probably of little importance. I voted because I can, because we all need to. I went out of my way to do so, carving out 45 minutes in a work afternoon, working late, dinner was late, so I could vote. I voted early, as I was going to be out of town on polling day, no questions asked, just show up, present ID and vote. The local elections matter, the radical right started with school boards and local council elections, often running unopposed and unheard, until they started voting against rights, and banning books.  I will let Bob say in the comments what I am thinking.  

What Else?  A slow drive, a boat tour in Cleveland

What have I been reading? I finished "The Life of Charlie" and I am working on Thinking 101.  

What have I been writing?  Funding proposals, and ten tips to avoid guardianship, things that are do soon.  And final edits on a Harvard Medical School publication on Advance Health Care Planning, that I was selected as legal editor for.  Being selected as a legal editor for a Harvard Medical School publication, it is time to retire.  

Who made me smile this week?   Being able to Vote.  

Who deserves a slap this week? I am trying to be nice. 

What continues to keep me busy?  The Comment Spam Filter, I continue to rescue about a comment a day from the Spam folder.  






 

16 comments:

  1. I would have thought this spam folder matter would be sorted out by now, but still legitimate comments end up there. I am pretty good at checking first thing in the morning now and in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my comments end up there, on my own blog

      Delete
  2. Tell me who you'd like to slap. I'll do it for you. I'm thinking of giving up nice for lent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lent, you are starting early.

      Delete
  3. I vote in every election I can too. You're right, it's important to exercise our franchise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we don't we might lose the option

      Delete
  4. The Spam Filter needs a Good Slap. I had twenty in there on day and some of them were my replies. How are MY comments on MY blog flagged as spam?????

    Yes, vote every time you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were in Cleveland this past weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voting is so important no matter where you live. Democracy only works if we all show up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy I heard you got around but I didn't believe the rumors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we are home again, meetings in the office all day Thursday

      Delete
  8. Good photo - and good for you for voting !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stuck my phone through the fence, come visit and I will show you how

      Delete