Friday, June 16, 2023

Fabulous Friday: National Symphony Orchestra


Oboe boy appears to be letting his hair grown back out, he had a great topknot last year. 



 The NSO season finished recently, with Beethoven's 9th, in all of its glory. We had great seats, I had my favorite at the end overlooking the stage.  Beethoven's marvelous 9th racket (if you get the Faulty Towers reference please mention it in your comment.) 

One of the opening pieces was by George Walker, Sinfonia No 3. He was a lover of percussion and they had a truckload of toys on stage for that one.  I loved it, others thought it was a racket.  


 

18 comments:

  1. Fair suck of the sav. I've only seen Fawlty Towers five times. I can't remember every detail.
    I'll guess Sybil was going to a music performance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the entire series on DVD,

      Delete
    2. Excuse my ignorance but, what does "Fair suck of the sav" mean? I can guess, but I might be wrong...

      Delete
  2. Did they play Brahms entire 3rd racket or just 2 bars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole hour!

      Delete
    2. Mitchell: Ah, your culture and education is showing!

      Delete
    3. Nothin' but highbrow here!

      Delete
  3. Love the symphony when you can hear it live.
    Oboe Boy With A Top Know sounds like a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We looked him up. He's apparently quite the prodigy. All that and looks to boot; I'm so envious...

      Delete
    2. I may have some photos,

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great evening at the symphony. You got some great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have a camera or two in our pockets, it was a great season

      Delete
  5. Fawlty, not Faulty. John Cleese played Basil Fawlty the owner of the hotel. Sorry for being a nit-picking smartarse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has a mission in life, and Basil would have been flaming by the mistake.

      Delete
  6. I used to go to The Chicago Symphony with a friend who worked with a woman who was married to the oboist in the orchestra. My friend would tell me all sorts of gossip as each musician took the stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to be an interesting group

      Delete