Monday, June 26, 2023

Moody Monday: Milestones in Time


Milestones in time, markers in my life. 

  • After we started spending winters in Florida, when I was in the 8th grade. 
  • Before and after I moved to Florida after finishing school. 
  • First House.
  • Second House. 
  • Finishing at Rollins College.
  • Moving to Kentucky.
  • My year as an hourly employee. 
  • Law school years - and bar exam. - 
    • The commuting year - 
    • The student apartment years. 
  • Legal aid years - consulting for AARP.
  • Moving to DC, starting the job.
  • 2015 - My Medical Adventure - and getting married.
  • BC, Before Covid
  • Becoming Director
  • Post Covid, return to the office, return to in-person conferences
  • Planning for the next chapter. 

I am surprised by how much is calculated as BC, PC. When did something happen.  Jay's bathroom remodel was BC, mine was during lock-down, kitchen PC.  Covid is a bigger time marker for me, than when my parents died (to get the year right I have to go look up the records.)   

All of these are time points that carry special meaning, that bring emotion and mood.  Funny the things that we remember.  I remember what end of what subway platform I was on when I took the phone call with the contract to sell my father's house.  If I am on that platform, trying to figure out where to board the train to be best positioned for changing lines to go home, I remember that phone call, and where I was when the phone rang.  I stepped aside and waited for the next train while I listened to the details of the offer.  

I was thinking of the milestone points in my life, events that stand out in my brain. 

8 comments:

  1. It funny....everything seems to be referred to anymore as BC or PC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect that will last a while

      Delete
  2. BC and PC, not that we are really post Covid yet, will be markers in so many people's lives, especially ours when we were about to travel a lot and PC, we seem too old to travel much. Yes, very much a first world problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viruses are always with us, they just become less problematic and we develop immunity to them.

      Delete
  3. We are all marked by the pandemic, and are still feeling its effects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised sometimes when I remember and event and think that it happened just a couple of years ago. And then I think, no it was BC so it must have been four or five years ago.

    ReplyDelete