Wednesday, June 07, 2023

My World of Wonders - The Wednesday Ws


Where have I been?  The office, home, dinner at the condo grill, the Kennedy Center for the seasons closer for the National Symphony Orchestra. 

What have I been up to?  I made it to the gym 6 days in the past week for an hour on the treadmill watching YouTube videos on my Ipad.  Work has been presenting training, writing reports, and project proposals - three project proposals all at once.  If they are all funded, when I leave they will need to hire two people - and they will have the funding to do so. 

Who have I seen?  A couple of neighbors joined us for dinner Friday evening - that was fun. My team in the office. Dinner with a friend who is in town for a Supreme Court appearance.  

Where are we going?  We are planning a road trip to Cleveland to see J's brothers.  

What surprised me this week?  Someone said "the check is in the mail" and it was.  It was a small consulting job in the office, and in less than a week the paperwork was approved and payment received.   

What made me happy this week? Last Thursday's blog post was well received, I worried about that one.  

What made me laugh out loud? A YouTube short of Rodney Dangerfield telling politically incorrect jokes on the Johnny Carson show about 40 years ago - I was on the treadmill at the gym - the person next to me said she wanted to have the work out I was having when she heard me laugh.  

What have we been eating? Hmm, nothing special.  I made a nice pasta sauce the other night. 

What am I reading?  Life, Death and Whisky by Ralphy Mitchell, he has a YouTube channel.  He is a retired funeral director and whisky collector.  This is his third book.  A slightly fictionalized biography,  an interesting read. (Print on demand from Amazon - print only, one of his books was available as an e-book and was pirated.) 

Who needs a hug this week? School teachers, it is the end of the school year and they have made a difference, and survived.  

Who deserves a slap this week?  Anyone who worries more about drag queens than guns in our schools.  


19 comments:

  1. I am pleased last Thursday post went off well. I did read it. School teachers = good. I so agree with your slap. Why do so many, or is it just that those who have loud voices and lack analytical skills, go down this path?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What have we been eating? Anything not nailed down.

    It's always a bit sad when symphony season wraps up. I will miss the hearing the new concerts on WRTI on Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have already booked seats for next year

      Delete
  3. Good luck with those project proposals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just found a collaborator on one of them

      Delete
  4. Thanks for recognizing school teachers! The last few days of the school year have their own kind of craziness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say THANK YOU to a couple of my teachers

      Delete
  5. Yes to the hugs and the slaps!
    I'm going back to look at last Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Thursday's great post. It just reminds us that we are have shared experiences so we are more alike than we realize.

      Delete
    2. I will keep trying on Thursday posts

      Delete
  6. You've had a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout out to teachers. I don't think people really get what teachers go through on a day-to-day basis. And thanks for the slap as well. It is unbelievable that some people are more worried about drag queens and their "influence" than on people shooting down children in classrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very appropriate hugs and slaps! I’ll join you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good list all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to pause once a week and remind myself, what have I done.

      Delete