Thursday, July 23, 2015

Happy

Those who are connected with me on Facebook will know that I folded up the cane Monday night and stuffed it in my bag. I am walking without it.  It is there if I need it. So far it has only come out once and that was to snag a handicap seat on an overcrowded metro train. I  folded it up after I had a seat. I  may never leave home without it.
I sent the neurosurgeon an email update this morning,  saying thank you again for restoring my ability to walk. I know docs are paid well, but money cannot express my gratitude for the hours he put into helping me.

9 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!
    And praise be for medical interventions and practitioners......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, you know, but youve been incrediblylucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, the best case scenario pretty much all along the way. Not that it has been pretty or easy, but there were a 100 ways this could have gone very different.

      Delete
  4. AWESOME!!!!!!

    As to the email...I sent a LETTER to my PCP, complaining about his billing codes. Got their attention. New codes submitted.

    To my sleep doctor, I sent a THANK YOU email. He responded within hours thanking me for thanking him, and wishing me well on my way to better sleep! I was thrilled!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvellous news!
    I'm so glad to see that you're recovering so well. As JG says, it could have been a different outcome, which doesn't bear thinking about. Your doctors deserve praise, thanks and every penny they earn for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful progress and outcome. You're right to hold onto that folding cane...one never knows when it'll come in handy. Be well and enjoy your new found relief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations
    doctors are seldom given any thanks; your email probably was probably highly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete