Saturday, January 27, 2024

The Saturday Morning Post: Blogland

There are 21-blogs on my daily read list, and another dozen or so that I look at on a regular basis.  I have found community in blogland, and an outlet for my creative urges.  You could count on your fingers the number of posts I created last year without a photo attached.  

If you look at my profile, you will see that I have other blogs.  One is from my first year in DC, I moved in just before the Obama's moved into the neighborhood near my office. One is old family photos.  One was set up for my collection of do-not-disturb signs and has never been built out. I started a blog based on the daily photo concept, and abandoned it - it is a lot of work unless you are out in the neighborhood everyday - I might take another look at that one.

I have two active second channels. 

Something on  Having Coffee With Peppy inspired me to take a stab at a daily self representation, self portrait, a selfie blog. I am about four weeks into it.  Long enough to form a habit of posting daily.  I am not sure where that one is going. A few of you have visited it, as I accidently posted to this chanel, a post intended for that chanel, one day.   

I love taking photographs, I was classically trained as a photographer back in the days of manual everything cameras and film.  I have a decade of darkroom experience, mostly black and white, but also E-6 and C-41, color printing, and cibachrome printing (let me know if you know what cibachrome is/was.) So the other channel is about photography.  I talk about my feelings, my experiences as a photographer and what I have learned along the way. Currently I am posting to this one two or three times a week.  When inspiration strikes me.  This gives me an outlet for writing that would bore the Travel Penguin audience, but I enjoy writing.  I am very glad that photography is back as a part of my everyday life and that I can share my passion if anyone wishes to read about it.  

Feel free to visit and comment on the other channels.  Let us know if you have a second or third or fourth blog that we might enjoy.   

 

20 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I can see links to the others if I look at your profile. I will take a look soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should link them from the sidebar.

      Delete
  2. I either missed all this or forgot about it. Will check things out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could make them easier to find

      Delete
  3. File this under Things I Did Not Knw and Need to Check Out.

    My one blog keeps me busy enough and I've no idea what I'd do on a second or third one anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have dogs and cats to keep me busy.

      Delete
  4. You are a blogging machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photography blog is full of gorgeous photos and stories that make one think. Thank you for sharing even more of your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, David, thanks for pointing out all of your many blogs! You have been busy on the Internet! I will enjoy going back and looking through them. I especially like the blog of old family photos! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scanned a ton of photos and slides after my parents died, it was a great way to share and preserve them.

      Delete
  7. I never seem to get tired of looking at photos and hearing about them. I love the community too! I have the two blogs that you have visited. I used to have one more where I posted photos I had manipulated through software. I took that one off-line. If I like a certain edited photo, I just post it on my Phoenix blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are on my always read list.

      Delete
  8. You look a little tired old friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time for a nap, I was headed to the treadmill at the gym.

      Delete
  9. I tried to comment yesterday, but blogger was ignoring me. Just wanted to say that I didn't know about your photo blog. I checked it out and love it! I'll be back periodically to see what you post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, blogger can be like that sometimes.

      Delete
  10. How in tarnation to you keep up with more than one blog? I can barely stay on top of mine. I will check them out!

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 830 days from now it will get easier

      Delete