Wednesday, January 03, 2024

My World of Wonders, aka The Wednesday Ws 2

 

What surprised me?  Yorkshire Pudding aka Neil, selected The Adventures of Travel Penguin as the Laughing Horse Blogger of the year for 2023, and said all kinds of kind things about my humble efforts to report on the adventure of life. 

Where have I been?  The dentist - all is well, the office to retrieve personal items, Trader Joes for imperial tidbits for New Year's Eve, the gym, a nice walk, Rocco for a nice haircut, into the City to visit some museums.  

Who have I seen?  A different dentist - she was okay but not as gentle as Dr. Z. 

Where am I headed? The office, then New York to have lunch with Mitchell, Sassy Bear, Jeffery, and Maddie. 

What have I been up to? A few hours of work, a bit of reading, a little shopping. 

Who deserves a slap this week? Those who kill children in the name of war. 500 out of 5. 

Who deserves a big THANK YOU this week? The parking garage at Trader Joes was chaos, I was inching forward and there was an empty space - with a shopping cart in the middle of it.  A couple where getting into the car next to it, and she grabbed the cart and moved it out of the way.  How nice of her, I thanked her profusely. 

What made me go hmm? There is no longer an option in my profile to reach out to me.  Hmm, I think there used to be a spot to click there and email me.  So I added a sidebar gadget, a contact form, this sends me an email with your message, without exposing my email address to the scammers and spammers on the web.  


20 comments:

  1. Travel Penguin Laughing Horse! What an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your award as a dedicated and consistent blogger is deserved. I don't receive spam to the email address that I have on my blog under my profile. The contact form does seem like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a standard blogger sidebar option.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your Blogger of the Year award -- well deserved! And speaking of blogging, have fun at your upcoming lunch with blogging buddies -- I know it will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wednesday in NYC, hop a jet and join us.

      Delete
  4. I wonder what the offspring of a penguin and a laughing horse would look like? Your award was richly deserved and carefully considered and besides, I thought it would be like a bottle of champagne smashed on the bows of the good ship "Golden Sunset" as you set sail on the voyage of retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! And I realized there was no way to reach me from my blog profile. Fixed that. Penguins tend to be monogamous.

      Delete
  5. How nice of that woman to move the cart; little things like that restore my faith in humanity.
    I will not think about the schmuck who left their cart in the space, though!

    Congrats on the Yorkshire Blogging Award; well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some good people in the world. Another reason I need to go back to Yorkshire, and London, and Wales.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the award!! That was nice of that woman to move the cart. So few people do things like that these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One person at a time, we can make the world a better place.

      Delete
  7. I won an award from Neil last year as commenter! It was thrilling so I know how you feel. Hope your New Year is filled with happy adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to be noticed, you were in the spam folder, and I hadn't checked it in a couple of days.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations and it's good to see that the milk of human kindness has not completely soured in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is more good, than bad out there.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on your award! Those little gestures of kindness go a long, long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and we can each do our part.

      Delete
  10. Nice of that woman to move that cart. It brought a memory back to me of a group at a table between me and the window who noticed my effort and all leaned back to clear the way for me to get a nice picture of the Seattle skyline from the top of the Space Needle. There are good people afoot in the land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the city the next couple of days, I will look for ways to be extra kind to people.

      Delete