Saturday, July 08, 2023

Saturday Morning Post: Bucket Lists


I don't know as I have ever written a bucket list, a list of things I want to do before I kick-the-bucket, aka to do before I die. A few years ago, I started doing things that I wanted to do before I die. A few things checked off the list that was never written down as a list. 

  • Fly in a Zeppelin or blimp (2015) 
  • Own a convertible (2019-present) 
  • See an active Volcano (Mt. St. Helens 2019) 
  • See a geysir erupt (Iceland 2022 and 2023) 
  • Attend the Barrett Jackson Scottsdale Auction (2023)  
So what is left to do while I still can? 

  • Visit all 50 states (in the plans for August)
  • See Lake Superior 
  • Visit Japan 
  • Cross an Ocean in a ship  
  • Publish a book 
  • Spend a week on a driving trip, with no plan
  • Ride a long distance train 
  • Spend two weeks living like a local in Italy and or France 
  • A winter break in a ski resort in the Alps
  • Scotland  
  • Ride in a hot air balloon 
I am sure there are more adventures.  

15 comments:

  1. A couple grabbed my attention. Scottish Highlands is just so stunning. Your long distance Amtrak train journeys are for the joy of travel rather than to get somewhere and they can be so good. I've watched YouTube clips of every journey available. I think it was a north to south to the west that impressed me most, as the train journeyed through Colorado with stunning scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago to Los Angeles, or Chicago to Seattle pass across the hard plains, and Rocky Mountains. I might start with something shorter, I can go a mile from home and take the train to Miami.

      Delete
  2. "Spend a week on a driving trip, with no plan" This is one of my favorites. Carlos and I have done it a couple of times and always had an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left Florida one time, and didn't know where I was going until South Carolina.

      Delete
  3. I will never have a bucket list, but I love some of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking at adventures for next spring that would check one of those off the list, and have us in Malaga for a day.

      Delete
    2. Well that makes me happy!

      Delete
  4. Love your bucket list. It's short and doable and as you check travels off, you can add more as you're inspired. Check out the Rocky Mountaineer. It has routes in the Canadian Rockies as well as in the American Southwest. When I was one, I crossed the Atlantic Ocean in a ship with my mom to come home from my Dad's Army assignment in Germany. Definitely not a relaxing cruise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have long dreamed of a trans Atlantic cruise. Germany was fun, we will probably return.

      Delete
  5. What a great list! I'd like to do many of the things on that list myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great list! I don't have a bucket list myself. Just to enjoy life in retirement for as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to Japan and Lake Superior. I would go with you on those.

    ReplyDelete