Monday, July 10, 2023

Moody Monday: It was a long month, last week


After a nice four day weekend, it was a manic work week, five days work compressed into three days. A few months after I was promoted to director, I remarked to my now retired boss, I don't know how you kept up with the extra emails and reports.   His answer was, "to honest I didn't keep up."  I am still trying to.  

I set an appointment for this morning to discuss retirement dates with human relations, in my email setting the appointment, I mentioned that I am looking forward to deleting my office email off of my phone. 

How am I coping, looking at serious travel plans for late spring of 2024. Checking something off my bucket list.  I may very well book something soon. It will give me something to plan and look forward to.  

I am also watching the Tour de France, one of the joy of remote work, is it can plan in the background while I labor away.  

It was great to see Spo celebrate 61, and to see Mitchell up and about less than 24 hours after surgery.   

   

15 comments:

  1. Thanks! It sure has been a long month this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In different ways for everyone, thanks for reminding me of that.

      Delete
  2. The promotion will perhaps mean you receive a higher payout at retirement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10% more money while I work, no traditional pension.

      Delete
  3. E-mailing and other forms of computer messaging are meant to make work flow more smoothly and efficiently but they are so easy to send and in volume they can become like a millstone around one's neck. Couldn't a secretary filter your e-mails for you so that you don't have to struggle with them so much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admin staff have been trimmed to the done over the years.

      Delete
  4. Last week was one of the busiest weeks I've had in ages and work. I was glad when Friday got here. And after that pride month I had I was glad to have a nothing to do weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a two-day work week before the 4th and a two day work week of the 4t, so this week is back to 4 days and I don't think I'll make it.
    I may be making that same face as you later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear where you are going first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get at it and get something booked. I have a firm date.

      Delete
  7. So, retirement is on the horizon?

    ReplyDelete