Monday, July 17, 2023

Moody Monday: Thoughts


I realized driving the the farmers market on Saturday morning, that I have to be careful what I am thinking when I have the top down on the little car, the guys walking in the street could hear me thinking "GET OUT OF THE STREET - - - oh what sweet looking bears." I need to remember top up, or I need to stop thinking out loud when I am driving in city traffic.   

The Tour de France runs for another week, my World Series, Super Bowl, World Cup, really the only sporting event I pay a lot of attention to. It is a team sport, with lots of strategy. The television coverage runs about 70 hours over three weeks, next year I can watch every hour of that - if I can stay awake.  

Only a couple of times this week when I thought, I am not going to make it to January 5th for retirement.  A couple of difficult conversations, I don't want to have.  

This morning blogger is not connecting with my online photo storage.  I checked the backup is there, no idea why they are not connecting.   

I messed up a batch of garlic dill pickles, the cucumbers were tightly packed in the jar, well submerged in the brine. Until one- just one, shrunk enough to float to the surface, and by the next morning the batch had gone moldy.  Always weigh them down.  These are brine cured, aka fermented.  

I used the term a Maddie Party last week, it was a creative way of describing a drag show.  

Mitchell is home and doing well.  John has been in Spain. 



14 comments:

  1. I like the term a Maddie Party!!! So many meanings!!!

    And just think you have only roughly 6months to work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 months 18 days, less holidays

      Delete
  2. I know you'll find ways to maintain your sanity into January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that your motor vehicle? It is a nice one. Funny how the stresses of driving can manifest themselves in a running commentary that involves swear words, "What are you doing you stupid ****er!" or "Jesus Christ! Watch the road you daft ******d!" Best said with the roof on and the windows up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tick tock winter's coming.
    i don't have a convertible, but I have been overheard saying horrid things when I drive with the windows down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Canadian won one of the Tour de France stages this year. That was big news here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to watch. Today is a rest day. Tuesday is a Time Trial.

      Delete
  6. That is a cute little car. It looks fun to drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun, and easy to park. It has lot of get up and go, but the handling is a little soft.

      Delete
  7. A very nice trip and what luscious photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. Clearly I commented on the wrong post.

      Delete