Wednesday, July 26, 2023

My World of Wonders aka The Wednesday W's


What have I been up to? Work, the treadmill, a couple of visits to the pool, reading, work - have I mentioned work? The Kennedy Center to see "The Play That Goes Wrong" a farce about a farce.  A long walk across DC. 


What is frustrating me? Blogger still can't find my Google photo archive. 

Who have I been in contact with?  Stephen - who got me started on blogging years ago, Jen a dear friend, Diedri a dear friend, work -work - work. 

What have I been Watching? The Tour de France finished on Sunday, it has been a good year, I would prefer a route with more French villages and fewer mountains next year. Some day, I am going to stand on the side of the road, and watch them thunder by.  (Add that to the bucket list.) 

When I am off on an adventure next? Sunday. 

Where? Denver. 

Who deserves a big THANK YOU this week? Jane the grant writer, who has guided us through several proposals in six weeks.  

Who deserves a slap this week? Oh, I have someone, but I won't say.

What am I reading?  I have two longer books underway at the same time, American Ramble by Neil King, and The Measure of Our Age, by M.T. Connolly. The ramble is about walking from DC to New York City, M.T. is a researcher and thinker on aging - I was invited to the release party.  

What is next?  If all goes to plan, I will check a bucket list item off the list in the next week.   

18 comments:

  1. Stephen?!?! He not the one from Portland is he that a blog title bohemian Rhapsody or something like that is it??? If so...I miss his blog dearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally from Yorkshire, now lives in Muswell Hill - north London.https://mrbertblogs.co.uk/

      Delete
  2. I want to be off on an adventure Sunday! That slap? Don't you wish you could say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to forgive and forget, then there is that moron governor in Florida who keeps reminding me.

      Delete
  3. Items off your bucket list? Are you going to tick off one of the states you have never visited? Or are you going to don a Tina Turner stage costume and display your pole dancing skills in a bar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are nearly correct.

      Delete
    2. "nearly correct" -- He's not going to put on the costume this time.

      Delete
    3. Like most pole dancers, he is a teaser isn't he Wicked Hamster?

      Delete
  4. I am in the mood for slapping a few people, so if you want to add yours to my list, I'll keep it quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. slapping - OK, what did I do wrong this time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that play is on the list for next year's Valley Broadway series. Denver should be fun. I worked in that city for 6 months back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of free days in Denver.

      Delete
  7. I once worked with a colleague who owned a summer home in France. One year the Tour de France whipped right past her front door and she told us that the cyclists were just a blur going by! Pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the waiting, for a few second of whirrrr!

      Delete
  8. Good for you on the Bucket List item!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured out a few years ago how close I was, we did a day trip from Chicago to get closer, by Monday afternoon, I should have this one down. What next?

      Delete