Monday, October 08, 2018

Wedding Photos


I was one of those teenagers who always seemed to have a camera in his hand.  I bought film in 100 foot rolls and rolled my own.  I had a darkroom and did most of my own lab work.  I was not bad, people assumed I would be good at and want to take pictures at their weddings.  I shot a few weddings, I hated it.  People were super stressed, I have never quite know what to do with people when they are happy, let alone when they are wound up tighter than a 10 day clock.  I admire people who can create great wedding photos, but it was not me.  

Weddings are stressful. Why do we still dress brides as virgin sacrifices?  Why do people invite hundreds of people they barely know and won't have time to say hello to anyway?  Why so formal and unhappy? Marriage should be a celebration of love, living, life and commitment.  

2 comments:

  1. lucky your wedding was not that stressful. and neither you nor sweet bear were unable to speak with all your guests. smooch!

    ReplyDelete