Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Notes From the Road


I am on the road, yet again.  The work part of this was fly to Sacramento on Monday, work on Tuesday and Fly home on Wednesday.  I am loath to spend 12 hours in the air for one days work, so I added a couple of personal days onto the trip and spent the weekend in Phoenix, seeing family and friends and generally enjoying the weather and landscape. I will write more about that after I get back and get pictures off of my camera and phone.

This was taken last Friday, crossing over the Mississippi.  It truly is amazing how the landscape changes as you cross this vast country.  The kid (18 year old) sitting next to me was from Florida, had never seen mountains and was headed out for 4 months of training on an Army base near the Arizona Mexico boarder- eye opening. 

Dr Spo and Someone are doing well, we went to the Ballett Sunday afternoon, lots of cute thing in tights moving gracefully.  I had breakfast with a lawyer friend, and met a second and third cousin I never knew about.  I saw some amazing photos of my mother’s family.  My mother’s maiden name was Harp, we always kind of assumed it was Irish - my grandfather had red hair. The cousins gave me a family history, the name was accidentally changed from Herb, when they moved from Germany. 

It has been a long year of travel, I am kind of tired,  Looking forward to being home, then there is November with 4 trips in it.  On the road again.  





5 comments:

  1. Happy trails. I love the story about your mothers family name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the MS river is quite narrow there, isn't it? can't wait to see the spo pix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I can't get Willie Nelson out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Fort Huachuca...I spent a week there when I was in the Army, it was different than anything I had seen at the time,

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drop by to say again how much I enjoyed seeing you and your company.

    ReplyDelete