Thursday, October 04, 2018

Someday I will look back on this as the good old days


I returned from California last evening.  My third trip to California this year; fourth in 12 months.  Sacramento and the surroundings this time.  A trip that was mostly work, other than I added a stop in Spo-ville on the way there (more on that is a few days.)  I have had an insane amount of work travel this year.  I usually have 4 or 5 work trips a year, this year it will end up being a dozen or more.  Part of it is my boss deciding that if he does not want to go, he isn't - he has passed several opportunities onto me.  Part of it was a budget irregularity and stupid policy that led to a use or lose it situation.  Next year is shaping up to be a little quieter, but not much.  

It is eye opening to get outside of the Capital Beltway.  There is an election coming up in a month, you would hardly notice here in northern Virginia.  There is only one race that could potentially end in an upset, and no one seems to be fighting very hard on that.  The people who elected the incuband know what she is, that is why they voted for her two years ago.  The political climate in Arizona can best be described as toxic.  Negative is to kind.  It was a little quieter in northern California, but still acrid.  Can we make politics polite and about the real issues again? 

I miss the good old days! 


4 comments:

  1. Don't we all dear. That is a lot of travel. I don't like a lot of work travel. Don't miss that,at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Can we make politics polite and about the real issues again?" - to do that, elect more women, and eliminate every GOPrick in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good old days were never really good either. And I wish Anne Marie were right about simply electing more women but... Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin... dare I go on? Sorry. Maybe I should add some brandy to my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. elect DEM women only, not those GOPrick stepford wives.

      Delete