Wednesday, October 03, 2018

The Way We Were Wednesday - Museum Pieces

My sister gave me one of these one Christmas in the mid 1970s.  It was a computerized game.  The lights flashed in a pattern, the the idea was to remember the pattern and punch it back in. The longer you played, the longer the pattern was.  There were also changeable levels of difficulty.  No digital displays, but an amazing computer game.  This example is in the Henry Ford Museum.  My childhood cutting edge technology in a museum.  

What from your childhood belongs in a museum?  

5 comments:

  1. the ruby slippers from the wizard of oz. barbie dolls. monopoly game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that game. Never had one myself but loved the opportunity to play someone else’s. My childhood games for a museum? Dippity Glass... and Vacuuform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Password and Barbie's best friend, Midge. That bitch went thru best friends like poop thru a baby! I remember Simon, and this makes me feel very, very old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love Simon and was very good at it. Lite-Brite would be my toy that is probably in a museum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My model car collection... IF I STILL HAD IT!!! (But I'm not bitter or anything.)

    ReplyDelete