Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Indulgences


I can still remember the first time I indulged, the clumsiness, feeling and finding my way, not knowing quite what to do with it, but trying as hard as I could,  the sweetness of finding the meaty core and sinking my teeth into a lobster for the first time.  I kind of like lobster.  I seldom order it, it can be rather expensive.  We had a quick lunch at the Newport Lobster Shack, actually my first "food truck" experience, the food is cooked in a mobile kitchen.  It was very good.  




Out on the lobster docks we passed many barrels of "bait."  Salted fish and the fermenting whole fish.  Be glad the smell-a-blogger on that first barrel.  You can take my word for it, or go smell for yourself.  

Have you ever cooked a live lobster? 

When I was a teenager, my grandmother and I picked up live lobsters to take home to cook.  I was getting all strange about it and she just chucked them and said to "act my age."   

5 comments:

  1. nope, could not do it. I like mah lobstah out of the shell and on my plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate lobster until I cooked one. Haven't eaten lobster since and never will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/11/2017

    No never. I'd probably want to read it the last rites over the top of the pot and Im not even Catholic. But I do eat it. I had it in pasta in Majorca a while back.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by!!! I am still getting caught up with my favorite blogs. I LOVE lobster, but have never cooked a whole one. I hear they scream in the water when entered. Whether true or myth, I'm not about to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lobster. Haven't had it for years. The last was in Baja California, which was nothing like the Maine lobster I had become used to. I never cooked it myself but was always around for the cooking. We used to go camping in Maine and have fresh lobster cookouts over an open fire. Oh so good!

    ReplyDelete