Tuesday, September 05, 2023

Travel Tuesday: A Wander Around Denver

Denver is an interesting city. It has a deep history (well by north American standards) as a rail-hub just east of the mountains. It has money, old money, new money, and a delightful mix of old and new buildings.  The Convention Center is huge.  The new airport (I was changing planes in the old airport when they held the press conference announcing plans for the new airport) is now connected to the city by light-rail. I had most of a Sunday free, and walked for about 5 hours. 




































 

14 comments:

  1. Great photos. I love the public art, especially the sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how seals ended up in Denver

      Delete
  2. Your sold Denver very well. I am most impressed, but I am not sure about older men in tight pink shorts on a scooter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent photos Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the art and the big blue bear. I have been to Denver once, eons ago, and I think it revitalized itself after that.
    Shallow me likes the pink tuckus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denver seems to be reinventing itself every few years. It does have some challenges. I was glad I was fast with the camera when the scooter went by.

      Delete
  5. Some very cool shots! My fave is the peeping tom bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been there for a few years.

      Delete
  6. What a great tour of the city. I love that bear looking in the window and that mellow looking lion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell little Blue Bears in the gift shop.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE the giant blue bear. (I know, you're shocked!)

    Sassyebar
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. what's that bear doing there I want to know.

    ReplyDelete