Wednesday, September 13, 2023

My World of Wonders, aka The Wednesday Ws September 13 edition


What have I been up to?  Work mostly, trying to get in my daily hour of treadmill time.  I took an Ikea tote of books over the to the Condo free book exchange, and only brought three books home.  

Where have I been?  Home, the office, the farmers market, a walk in Old Town Alexandria, and a stop at a new bakery - that was meh, not worth going back to (pastry boy was not at the market this weekend.) 

What is changing?  Pastry boy is headed off to college, and his rather nice looking brother is taking over. His brother has a nice personality.  

Who have I talked with?  Beyond work and my sweet bear, a dear neighbor at the book exchange, and my middle brother.  He called, he was in Michigan for a high school reunion.  

What am I reading? I just finished, "A Salty Piece of Land" by Jimmy Buffett (I started it just before he died) and am enjoying"By the Seat of my Pants" by Dean Smith a delightful account of a guy who learned to fly in World War I. 

What have I been listening to? Mostly jazz. 

What made me laugh?  The pedestrian crossing sign behind the condo building has been driven over and flattened. I don't know why - but it made me chuckle. 

What have I been cooking?  Nothing interesting. 

When is my next adventure?  It starts a week from today, a driving trip into the wilds of central Pennsylvania.  

Who deserves an atta-boy? Metrorail is increasing service at rush hour. 

Who deserves a slap? Metrorail still has not found an answer for why the wheels were moving out on the axles on the new cars, or at least not admitted to one.  2 slaps out of 5. 




15 comments:

  1. It's been years since I have been to State College...it has changed over the years drastically....but my co-worker, who also runs a B&B there told me there are some wonderful dinning places to be enjoyed. Farm to Table places.

    I can remember partying with closeted frat boys back in the day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind is trying to draw a connection between frat boys and farm to table.

      Delete
    2. My guess would be Frat Boys who became Farm hands!

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to Central Pennsylvania since I was 15. I imagine it's changed a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo made me laugh! I need to listen to some jazz this week, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one of those on my desk

      Delete
  4. I wonder if an actual pedestrian was also flattened?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's up with the metro rail problem with the wheels? That's weird, and it sounds like I wouldn't want to ride the metro. Though I just did a couple of weeks ago when I went to DC for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have entered into a rigours inspection routine, it was a rare defect, but they never admitted whose mistake it was.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad they caught that fugitive before you travel to the "wilds" of Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't paying that much attention to the news.

      Delete