Thursday, August 10, 2023

Thursday Ramble: What If


What if, dogs have us well trained - and laugh when we think we have them trained?

What if, there is intelligent life on earth - and it is not us, we are just their entertainment?  

What if, no two people see things the same way? 

What if, the year was 100 days, not tied to the rotation of the earth? 

What if, we live forever, but we forget who we are and start over every 80 years or so? 

What if, AI replaces all of us? 

What if, we really don't know what we think we know? 

What if, aliens took one look, and zoomed on by this planet? 

What if, life forms on other planets look nothing like life on earth and we just don't see it when we see it? 

What if, the water supply is drugged and we are all under control of some sinister power? 

What if, the stoics were right? 

What if, this is all a dream? 

What if, - oh I won't go political . . . 

15 comments:

  1. WHAT!!!!! What if I ever run out of gin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of things to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inquiring minds are never idle.

      Delete
  3. You've never looked lovelier... šŸ¤£

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Married life is so good to me,

      Delete
  4. “What if, there is intelligent life on earth - and it is not us, we are just their entertainment?”
    If we're their entertainment, they don't sound any more intelligent than the rest of this crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of like watching cats for entertainment

      Delete
  5. Have you ever read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? This 6-book trilogy (don't ask) reveals which is the most intelligent life form on earth. Spoiler alert -- It's not us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  6. Some of these notions hurt my brain. I think I will just carry on like a horse wearing blinkers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep thinking like this. How else will things be so?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one has haunted me my entire life:

    "What if, no two people see things the same way?" (I mean in literal eye sight)

    And the follow-u question: "How would we ever know?"

    For example: I know what purple looks like (to me.) But what if every time I see something purple, you actually see the color orange (to me) but you have always been told that that color is purple. So, we may be seeing completely different colors, and we'd never ever know it.

    I will get no sleep tonight now that I've allowed this thought back into my head.


    Aaaaarrrrggghhh!


    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete