Wednesday, August 02, 2023

My World of Wonders, aka The Wednesday Ws August 2nd edition


Where have I been? DC, Charlotte, Denver, Laramie Wyoming, McCammon Springs, Idaho, and if all goes to plan I will return to Denver today. Out and about. 

Why there?  I have a conference in Denver through Tuesday of next week, the add on was to go where I have not gone before.  

What is the car? An early 70's Chrysler Newport, the one my father owned was a bronzy brown, I passed my driving test in it.  It was the first car my parent's owned with air-conditioning. It was HUGE. My parents gave it to my sister in the fall of 1977 when they bought their first new Buick. (The first of many.) 

What have I been reading? Baking Yesteryear by B. Dylan Hollis, it is as good as his YouTube videos.  A couple of books on aging. Frightening and boring stuff - books 36 and 37 for the calendar year - I am on pace for one a week or more.  

What have I been listening to?  Instrumental music on YouTube, lots of Willie Nelson - he is not dead yet (he has a song about that.) 

Who have I seen? My sweet bear, folks at work, and not much of anyone I know.  I will have a few days with my fellow wizards starting this evening.  

What have I been thinking about? How many amazing things I have done, and the list of adventures left to do.  

What have I seen? Mountains, meadows, fields, gas wells, oil wells, wind turbines (in the same field as the wind turbines), fossils, highways, sheep, cows, buffalo, hummingbirds, bald eagles,  ravens, prairie dogs, hot springs, and more mountains.  

What was the best question anyone asked me?  How do we determine what is in a person's best interest?  I need to work on my answer for that one, I feel an enlightening essay or RANT coming on that one.  

Who deserves a THANK YOU!  4-Imprint, you have seen their ads.  My office ordered some items, and learned that the items were out of stock until October, so they offered us an upgrade to a nicer item at the same price, and delivered in less than a week.  The discount on the order for the upgrade was nearly 40%.  

Who deserves a slap?  The email scammers, I had 18 scam emails in my office email one day last week.  And why can't we stop this? Five out of Five slaps for the scammers, and  ten slaps out of five for Congress not having the guts to stop it.   




13 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have been busy. I love the Chrysler. Even back when first put into cars (not widespread here until the 80s) air con was very good but did use a good bit more fuel than more efficient systems in cars now do. Email scammers are amazingly good now but to experienced users, they still don't get it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today it is hard to find a car without a/c, it designed into the heating/cooling system of most cars.

      Delete
  2. I remember driving the big "boats" back in the day. I'm kinda glad we've gotten smaller since then ... at least most of us and not those giant SUV people.

    I like the list of what you've seen; sounds simple and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped at Fossil Butte National Monument, the visitors center is a few miles off the road, and the first thing that struck me was how quiet it was.

      Delete
  3. Did all those scam emails come from the Trump campaign soliciting donations?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a busy little traveler lately! Denver is a great place to visit. I worked there for 3 months back in the 90's. I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The train in from the airport is efficient.

      Delete
  5. You mentioned B. Dylan Hollis on one of my posts. I watched some of his YouTube videos...I'm ordering his book. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he keeps his sense of humor

      Delete
  6. I love Denver. I hope you went “boldly” to those other places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am OK for a law for all emails with data in them who is the sender.

    ReplyDelete