Wednesday, August 16, 2023

My World of Wonders aka The Wednesday W's August 16th edition


We need creativity because? Without it we would lack adventure.  

Where have I been? Home, the farmers market, the grocery store, the office - three days in a row. 

What have I been cooking?  I started a fresh batch of dill pickles over the weekend, and made a ham and cheese quiche. 

What have I been thinking about?  Lots of work to get done before the end of October, and then what happens after the first of the year.  

What made me smile? A couple of comments about my writing, including a colleague to remarked at how I am able to connect diverse topics. A nice drive on Saturday morning with the top down and temps in the mid 70's.  

What frustrated me?  Little things at work, and it is all little stuff, that either isn't important or will work itself out anyway. I need to not let it get to me. 

What am I plotting?  A three part trip for October, Omaha, Fort Wayne, and Chicago all on one trip.  

Who have I been talking with?  My team at work, my sweet bear, a reporter for the ABA Journal, a new student intern. The intern is interesting he is a doctoral candidate in law, not a JD, Phd in Law (I didn't know that existed.) He was a health policy analyst in London, the focus of his research is on artificial intelligence and autonomous vehicles.  

What have I been listening to? Instrumental music, on YouTube.  


 

 

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, ham and cheese quiche!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creativity is very important to me. In whatever form ... writing, painting [the house version of painting not so much the artistic version], cooking, anything to get the mind running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an interesting sign in a museum

      Delete
  3. Your first question and answer is spot on. Adventure is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many legal issues around AI and autonomous vehicles -- would be a fascinating area of study!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you ride the autonomous taxi?

      Delete
    2. Not at this moment in time, no. Hell, I won't even take a Uber because of the legal issues.

      Delete
  5. That intern sounds like someone who would be very interesting to talk with. Both of those subjects have opportunities (dare I say need) for legal development.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very bright, we talked forever yesterday.

      Delete