Wednesday, August 09, 2023

My World of Wonders, the Wednesday W's August 9th edition


Where have I been?  Denver for lots and lots of meeting with my fellow wizards. Embassy Suites, Hyatt Regency, Sheraton, Colorado Convention Center.  Returned home late last night. 

Who have I seen? Louraine, Jim, Sophia, Emily, Jack, Amy, Marvin, Jill, Mark, Paula, Mary, Debra, Erica, John, Jim2-3. 

Who deserves a big thank you? RTA for offering free train service from the airport into the center of Denver for the summer. 

What have I been thinking about? Having time to think, three days alone with my thoughts.  

What has frustrated me? The hotels in Denver have locked all but one ground floor entrance, and not always made the open entrance easy to find.  

What awed me? Union Station in Denver has been redone, with restaurants, bars and a hotel. 

When is the next adventure? September. 

What have I seen?  I spent 2-3 hours in the Denver Museum of Art on Sunday, a great collection in an amazing complex of buildings. 

What have I been reading? Diddly Squat - til the cows come home by Jeremy Clarkson. I needed something fun.  

What made me laugh? Colin on Foxes Afloat in his bee suit. 

How have I been sleeping? Well.

What did I lose sleep over? A mistake that was not mine, a letter appointing someone to a board, was sent to the wrong Jim, there are two of them with the same name in the same state.  The wrong Jim respectfully declined.  Mischief managed.  







12 comments:

  1. Colin as a bee was funny. I never imagined they could sustain their YouTube channel after they ceased narrowboating, but they have and totally reinvented themselves to Scottish crofters.

    You do live an interesting and busy life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your cabin luggage? Couldn't you have opted for something that was rather more colourful so that it would stand out from the crowd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bright yellow really stands out and is easy to find.

      Delete
  3. Lot's of work travel in your life this last week. I've been to the Denver Art Museum. It's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple more trips coming up in September and October, including two conferences in one trip.

      Delete
  4. Going to check out Diddly Squat...sounds like a good read. Thanks for all your book recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has published two editions, they are fun and easy reading.

      Delete
  5. I adore your yellow case, I want one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a Travel Pro, I found it at TJ-Max a few years ago.

      Delete
  6. Mr. Colin is a dear and not bad on the eyes either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He should spend some time in your office.

      Delete