So it was been a long - somewhat rough week, at times I felt like I was been spinning my wheels and running into roadblocks. A fellow blogger, might describe it as a shit storm of a week. In the end, I got a lot done, faked being nice to an _sshole, and moved on. It is time to pause and reflect on the week, and on what I might do next week, to clean up the mess and move forward.
- What is the worst thing that happened this week in your life? Go ahead - it can be good to talk about it - get it out - verbalize it.
- A year from now will you still be bothered by the worst thing that happened last week?
- What was the last thing you laughed about?
- Which felt better laughing or being pissed of?
- What will you do next week to laugh more and fuss less?
- I finished a significant project that I had been working on for a month, only to be told, we don't want or need it.
- Will I be bothered, I might not even remember it. Actually I will change a procedure so this never happens again - for if it does I might not be able to control my anger.
- On my morning commute I was reading a travel essay book, I love them. The author was traveling from California to France with two Pug dogs in carry on bags. While clearing security at the airport in San Francisco a security agent grabbed the bags with the dogs and started to walk away, when asked where he was going with the dogs, he responded, "to the X-ray machine, these dogs look strange, they could be packed with explosives or something." To which the owner responded, "They are Pugs, they always look like that." I laughed so hard I cried.
- Laughing always feels better, anger, frustration, depression are such a waste of energy.
- I can control what I read and what I watch. I will find humor in the absurdities of daily life. If I find humor in the shape of the dark cloud, the rain will wash away my fussiness.
What is the worst thing that happened this week in your life? Go ahead - it can be good to talk about it - get it out - verbalize it.ReplyDelete
The prof being on holiday at home for a month...bloody hell....row city
A year from now will you still be bothered by the worst thing that happened last week?
What was the last thing you laughed about?
Which felt better laughing or being pissed of?
Laughing of course
What will you do next week to laugh more and fuss less?
Thanks, I was starting to wonder if anyone would take this one on. Have you experienced a sabbatical - being home everyday for a year?Delete
1) Getting back to work after the surgery I took on more than I should have and became overwhelmed leading to anxiety. Self induced stress of my own making.ReplyDelete
2) No I will not, hopefully I learned from it and will be better because of it.
3) After my "meeting" last night I was able to catch up with a friend who just moved back, we laughed over memories. Good friends are a treasure.
4) Laughing of corse, they call me Pollyanna for a reason.
5) lighten my work load to a manageable level for a man recovering from rotator cuff repair that cannot yet drive or use his left arm. I'm not superman ...yet.
1. is so bad I shan't talk about it online.ReplyDelete
2. Only if I am sued for it.
3. some of the jokes in "The Coconuts'
4. laughter is always so
5. go on holiday!