48 States - 15 Countries and many adventures left to have. Sometimes I float in and out like sea-weed, sometimes I attach myself to the rocks. So where is left that I want to go? What is left that I want to do?
- Wyoming and Idaho - then I can check off having been in all 50 states.
- Spain and Portugal, and a few places in Europe that need another visit.
- Japan - I am fascinated by the culture - terrified by the language.
- Hong Kong - Asia and a major world city - how fascinating and English is common.
- Take a flight in a hot air balloon - one of the few ways of flying that I have not experienced.
- A long distance train trip- as in overnight trip on a passenger train.
- Explore the east coast of the United states in a small boat. From the Chesapeake Bay to Florida would be great. This will take a month or more, and lots of planning. I don't like camping, so either the boat has to be plush, or hotels need to be planned along the way.
- A cruise on a mega cruise ship. I have been on two cruises, one on a 700 footer, the other on a 1,000 footer, I want to spend a week on one of the floating cities.
- Cross the Atlantic on an ocean liner. My grandmother did it a couple of times. I am always open to going back to England - London feels like a second home to me.
- Explore Cuba -
- Greenland - I find the north Atlantic fascinating - part of the allure is it is so difficult to get to. It is a popular fuel stop for small aircraft crossing the Atlantic - that could be fun.
So, not a terribly long list. Most of the places I have been, I would gladly go back to. Not on the list - the middle east including Egypt, there is a lot there I would like to see, but I don't feel comfortable traveling there; Russia - lots to see, but not in the current political climate; Africa - I would enjoy a photo safari, but travel safety and living conditions are problematic for me unless I do one of the all inclusive luxury fly in and out packages (not my travel style.)
So, where do you want to go and how would you like to travel?