Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Travel Tuesday: Happy Blogiversary! 19 Years and Counting


19 Years ago today, I put up the first post on The Adventures of Travel Penguin. Travel is sitting on my desk, waiting for the next adventure. Together we have been to nearly every state (he has not been to Oklahoma the last time I was there I was 5 years old) and back and forth across the Atlantic more times than I can count.  

For the first decade I stayed in the background, then I became the face and voice of the blog.  I am in my 9th year of posting at least once each day, I am looking forward to continuing to do so.  The discipline of putting out has improved my writing and storytelling (hard to believe this is the improved version). 

By the Numbers

Posts 4364

Page Views 1,304,368

Comments 39,200


 

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I enjoy your blog daily, travel, art, memories, and observations. Here's to the next anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This thing will be old enough to drink before we know it.

      Delete
  2. 19 years! That’s amazing. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. You've reminded me to check the actual date of my 20th blogaverssary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20 years, it seems like yesterday.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful! And that is the perfect anniversary photo! 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel really should get out more.

      Delete
  5. Happy Blogiversary and Cheers to many more. I for one am glad I found your spot of the Blogiverse! 🥂🥂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I enjoy my daily visit to yours.

      Delete
  6. Happy 19th Blogoversary! That is the perfect photo to encapsulate the spirit of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! and Thank you for all the effort you put into your posts. I look forward to reading what you write every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, big congrats to you! That is quite an accomplishment. I hope to catch up to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the number of posts, hard tp beleive.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! 19 years is a long time. You and Travel have shared a lot of adventures and wisdom with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If our health holds out, we have a few more years of adventuring to do.

      Delete
  10. I just checked my stats. I started my present blog in 2008, so 16 years ago. My posts total 4,753, page views are over 1.7 million and nearing 41 thousand comments! I would never have believed it when I began.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marvelous! May there be many more ! oxoxox

    ReplyDelete