Monday, September 16, 2024

Monday Moods: A sense of humor


I used to laugh and tell jokes that made fun of people on things they have no control over, I am deeply sorry for any hurt I may have caused to anyone who is short, or blond, or Polish, or Italian, or . . . well you get the idea.  

My reform from bad behaviour resulted in a lot less humor.  And not laughing is sad. 

I will try to be better. 

Did you hear about the proctologist and psychiatrist who decided to share office space.  They debated what to call the practice.  Someone suggested Odds and Ends - that was rejected.  They debated Fears and Rears, and decided that was no good.  They settled on Heads and Tails. 

In a presentation the other day on legal ethics and clients living with dementia, I was talking about some clients with dementia experience delusions; strongly held personal beliefs that cannot be confirmed by outside evidence.  I said, some persons living with dementia will develop delusions, kind of like some politicians.  That drew a bipartisan laugh. Everyone can identify with that, without it being insulting to anyone in particular.  People remember things that made them laugh, I made them laugh about delusions.  

So my mood this Monday, is trying to regain my sense of humor.  


 

  

21 comments:

  1. I think I’ll try to regain my delusions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are grand, a billionare in hiding.

      Delete
  2. You really didn't have to direct delusional politician to any particular person for them to immediately think of someone. I expect you were among 'friends'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know who I think is delusional.

      Delete
  3. What did the fish say when it swam into a concrete wall?
    Dam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Providing the best of care, from top to bottom.

      Delete
  5. I liked Fears and Rears.

    I love a good sense of humor, and I know my audience and what I say in this group, but perhaps not in another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have put my foot in my mouth a few times

      Delete
  6. I've Been Told it's a good thing that I'm not a comedian because I would be an insult comic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And very good at it. Hair and fashion alone you would kill.

      Delete
  7. It's good to have a sense of humor. We need it now more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this one line Michigan joke which seems to suit you perfectly...

    If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the year, you might live in Michigan .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALSO...
      You know you're a true MICHIGANIAN/MICHIGANDER when
      1. "Vacation" means going up north on I-75.
      2. You measure distance in hours.
      3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
      4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
      5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.

      Delete
    2. I qualify on at least 4 out of 5.

      Delete
  9. I had a home visit from a physical therapist this morning. Our cat walked into the room and she said something like "Oh, nice kitty" and then launched into her belief that Haitians are eating cats. I told her that's not true but she insisted she'd seen a video of it and it definitely was a cat. In spite of my insistence that that was a chicken, she would not be talked out of her (weird) belief.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to write that I can be quite funny on the spur of the moment and often have people laughing when we chat but, of course, I now cannot think of one funny quip to end this comment with. ;)

    ReplyDelete