Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Wednesday Ws - Week 2


Who have I seen?  The same wonderful people.  

What have I been doing?  Settling back into work.  I have a major project that someone left months behind schedule, so I am scrambling to try to get it back on track.  I am presenting a couple of trainings later this month, that I am finalizing preparation for. It is contract renewal time on a couple of projects, I am doing budgets and waiting for the lawyers lawyers to read through them. In short working too much. 

When was my last haircut?  Last Wednesday, it had been too long - my hair and how long since my last grooming - I couldn't remember when.  I know I put it off in November and December.  A haircut is kind of like laughter, if you can't remember the last time, it has been too long. 

Who was I disappointed in this week?   An old friend of mine, she served as guardian for someone and was ordered this past week to repay overcharges to the person she was guardian for.  Charging $350 an hour to read and respond to emails is not what I expected from her.

What is happening in Washington DC?  The House took 15 ballots to elect a speaker, the majority party has been divisions making it's majority, a minority.  The good news is they are so fractured that nothing stupid is likely to happen, the bad news is they are so fractured that little good is likely to happen in the next two years.  I read something in a book recently that fits.  Find one thing about your enemy that you like or respect.  That one thing you have in common, is the door through which all else needs to fit.  

How am I doing?  Fairly okay.  I need to walk more. I am sleeping well 5 or 6 nights a week.  

What am I planning?  A couple of work trips, and still working on a late spring get away. 

Who is new? A new person joined my staff this week.  

What have I started doing?  An idea from Spo, a gratitude journal.  Once a day, I take a minute to write down what I am thankful for that day.  Some days it takes a minute to think of SOMETHING.  Only being a few days into the year, I hope it develops into a habit.  

What am I thankful for? Caffeine. 

Who deserves an Atta-Boy this week?  The farmers market vendors that are keeping the year around market going through the colder months.  


   


18 comments:

  1. Some days I feel with the way things are in DC, I don't know how we're ever going to get anything accomplished in this country again. It just seems to get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will remark that once again this week past, the US looked very strange with the speaker voting process. I am surprised this process is not worked out behind the scenes, with lots of scheming and jockeying before presenting a united face to the public. That's a rather good angle to use to solve problems, that is find what you agree on first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The arguing is normally behind the scenes, there is a small group of half a dozen people who are disrupting, in many ways their goal in office is to disrupt.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that old friend was ordered to repay those charges. That doesn’t happen as often as it should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The person she was guardian for, sent her a lot of emails, most of them routine things like it is cold, or it rained today and the flowers are blooming

      Delete
  4. A gratitude journal develops into a comforting practice. Yes, there are days when gratitude is just a glimmer and it's hard to recognize when you're overwhelmed. That's when you can say, "I'm grateful that this day is done."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being grateful that I understand why some days are difficult.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you have been very busy. I like the idea of the gratitude journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to remember to pause once a day. It will be a good practice to develop

      Delete
  6. $350/hr to read and respond to emails? Ay chihuahua.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sick that your old friend sought to abuse someone fiscally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are two sides to it, deeply disappointed

      Delete
  8. I'm a fan coffee as well.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this, especially your 'spin' on the categories I hope you will continue this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The categories change every week, I am enjoying this.

      Delete