Wednesday, January 18, 2023

The Wednesday Ws : Week 3 of 2023


What have I been up to?  Too much work, there are many demands on my time. My boss asked how I was doing, and I told her I feel like I am trying to take a drink of water from a fire hose most days. Still I am making some progress. 

What is new?  The first snow flurries of winter on Saturday morning when I was at the Farmers Market in old Town Alexandria. They didn't stay, or stick, just a little to warm for that.  

Who have I seen?  My Sweet Bear, my work colleagues.  I met a neighbor on my way to the subway one day last week, a safety engineer for the FAA, we had a wonderful time talking about airports and airplanes.  

What have I been eating?  Mostly home cooking, I made a fun chicken soup the other day, what was in it? Whatever I found in the refrigerator that looked like it would be good.  I used the last turnip, I should buy more the next time I am at the farmers market. Turnip and parsnip add a back note flavor to soups, reminds me of Campbell's chicken or beef with vegetables.   

Where am I going? Arizona for work, and pleasure.  I have a speaking engagement in Tucson on Friday, and I am visiting friends and fellow bloggers in Phoenix on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  Then flying back home, back to work.  In early February I have a conference in New Orleans - all work. 

What is happening with vacation plans?  Airline tickets have been booked for an adventure in Iceland in late spring.  I have started booking hotels.  I promise to plan better this year, and see more detail.  We will stay across the street from geysers, on a volcano, and near the black sand beaches at Vik.  

Who have a talked to? Mostly work.  I will make up for that next weekend.  

What quit working?  My large format photo printer was a victim of Big Mac's nervous breakdown. The manufacturer no longer provides the driver software, the printer is more than 10 years since being introduced.  I have tried several options, and it appears to not have worn out, or broken, but simply to have been abandoned by technology.  I'd sooner go to Iceland and send out large photos to be printed, than replace it.  

What has started working again? Spell Check in Blogger, it was a settings issue in the operating system.  You need a secondary click on your mouse for blogger to recognize the spell check in your browser, and Mac defaults to a one button mouse. 

Who deserves an atta-boy!  The new person in the office of the lawyers lawyers, who approved a contract for me this week, in one day, with no nitpicking questions or edits.  She made my life so much easier.  

Who deserves a slap? A growing list, but I am committed to being a better person - - - well unless I run into a couple of congress people. 

  

 

13 comments:

  1. Hmmm, staying in a hotel on volcano...interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://hotelvestmannaeyjar.is/

      Delete
    2. The hotel looks nice. Just check there isn't lava coming in under your door before you sleep.

      Delete
  2. Awww...love the photo of the flying pig. Cincinnati hosts the Flying Pig Marathon, which is a Boston Marathon qualifier. I love making clean-out-the-veggie-bin soups. They turn out delicious and it feels so good not to let food go to waste. Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slept late, off to a good start

      Delete
  3. I am now looking for turnips and parsnips for soups; never tried 'em, will give 'em a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one of each in a soup is enough. Roasted parsnips make a nice side dish with a roast.

      Delete
  4. A lawyer who doesn't nitpick or edit? Sounds suspicious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are quit a few members of congress needing a slap these days.
    Looking forward to meeting this weekend.

    ReplyDelete