Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Travel Tuesdays: 50+ Photos of Food in Spain

 I could spend months exploring the markets and restaurants in another country. Even routine everyday grocery stores fascinate me. A couple of times we have rented apartments in Europe and had a kitchen - I LOVE DOING THAT. We will do that again. For me it is not about the money, it is about being able to buy the local ingredients and get creative.  





























I'd cook his shrimp 















He scooped my Gelato 








Hilton at the Madrid Airport 


The only Paella on the trip, it was Good. 

Safran, the best value locally is about $6 USD for .7 grams at Trader Joes, in the market in Malaga, I bought 5 grams for 20 Euro, about $22USD.  The same amount at Trader Joes would have cost about $43 USD. It was the only "food" item I brought home. 


14 comments:

  1. What fun. Even the Los Boliches Market (the guy at left foreground is Angel of Ana Crespillo's Produce Market) and Captain Candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The markets are always one of my highlights of a trip.

      Delete
  2. Shrimp man's shrimp looks very edible, but then getting gelato's man gelato all over your face would be messy but very tasty too.

    As you probably know, we call shrimp, prawns, in spite of Paul Hogan's shrimp on a barbe.

    Roost Chicken, not Roast Chicken.

    I initially missed the dot in .07 and I was confused. Now I wonder what saffron costs here? No doubt more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that on the chicken.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you that's why I like going around different countries. There's about three things on this post I don't don't know what they were. And you cook his shrimp? I think I'd be cooking more than his shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice brining the saffron home. I love saffron. I usually buy it from Penzey's Spices and it is very expensive but oh so good. I love all the food photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The market in Malaga was great fun

      Delete
  5. I think food is one of the great ways to learn about another culture, and I love exploring those open air markets.
    And I'm with Maddie re: the shrimp seller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't take photos of people, there are exceptions

      Delete
  6. We always shopped and cooked for ourselves at our rental condo in Maui and our rental villa in Italy. Grocery shopping was much more exotic in Italy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy is a dream, gonna do that someday

      Delete
  7. The culinary and food experiences are such a big part of the travel experience.

    ReplyDelete