Monday, January 02, 2023

Moody Monday: Where all have I been?

 


I readily admit I have wanderlust.  I enjoy planning travel, I enjoy the journey, getting lost, stumbling across the unexpected, the mundane, seeing how people live, seeing the wonders of the world.  We have been lucky, that some of this has been work related, and perks from work related travel has eased some of the cost of other trips (I think I have only paid for airline tickets to Europe three or four times.)  

I was thinking recently, where all have I been? All of my travel has been in North-America and Europe. Maybe I will make it to Asia someday.  

  1. England - Wales
  2. Netherlands
  3. Belgium 
  4. Ireland
  5. France
  6. Spain
  7. Germany
  8. Switzerland 
  9. Austria
  10. Italy - Vatican City 
  11. Greece
  12. Iceland
  13. Canada
  14. Mexico
  15. Bahamas 
48 of the 50 US States - missing Idaho and Wyoming. I have been to Puerto Rico.  

Where haven't I been that I would like to go?  More of the Caribbean, Japan, South Korea, more of Canada, Portugal, more of Italy - France - Germany. Scotland. I will catch those two missing US states. 

What is your country count?  
   




19 comments:

  1. As per the list on my old blog, 25 countries not including airport stopovers which I think was only Hong Kong, and some countries more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never counted. You’ve covered a whole lot of miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am up to 55 - I just counted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I am not sure there are that many I want to go to.

      Delete
  4. My country count is 8 -- England, Italy, Vatican City (I would never have thought to count that as a separate country but I guess, factually, it is), USA (mainly Maui a few times), Mexico, Japan, South Korea, and French Polynesia. And I have been in every province in Canada except Newfoundland but have never been to any of the northern territories (Yukon, North West Territories, Nunavut).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much to see, I have been in 3 provinces in Canada, and Yukon territory (for a few minutes on a train.)

      Delete
  5. Country count 7: Mexico, Canada, Aruba, St. Martin/Maarten, Germany, France, Italy, Austria. As far as the US goes, I'm in the 40s as far as states visited. I found my National Parks Passport and now the travel quest is to put more stamps in it. Wanderlust is such a great word and powerful force! Happy 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...forgot Curacao.

      Delete
    2. Time for me to buy a lifetime National Parks Golden Pass.

      Delete
  6. Just off the top of my head, I count 14 countries. 10 are the same as yours but I've also got 3 in South & Central America (Costa Rica, Argentina, Uruguay) and tiny little Liechtenstein. For the states, I've been to 48. I'm missing Hawaii and Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a wrong turn on the way to Luxembourg or we would have that one. I may go back to Hawaii later this year for work.

      Delete
  7. I have to say I'm with Sharon. You need a trip to South America. I too have been to all three of the same countries and they offer so much natural beauty and the cosmopolitan. I move to Buenos Aires in a minute. Otherwise, my county count is 9, and I've seen what I need to of the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seriously thought about South America

      Delete
  8. This surprised me. I've been to more than I realized! 4 in North America and 3 in Europe - 4 if you count Germany as West and East.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cross the border, when there was still a border.

      Delete
  9. I have been to 42 countries and 20 US states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I missed out Chile, Rapa Nui and Argentina so that's 45 countries

      Delete
    2. You have been around. A lot of Brits consider France exotic.

      Delete