Friday, January 06, 2023

Foodie Fun Fabulous Friday - Gelato






 I had no idea that the people of Spain were such masters of everything sweet.  Cakes, pastries, candies, and Gelato.  Oh -my.  This Gelato shop was about three blocks from our hotel.  A couple of blocks past the small shop on the corner that made chocolates and Gelato.  

The first cast was filled with frozen treats, shaped, formed, and decorated ice cream on a stick.  The second case had about 40 varieties of Gelato, Italian ice cream.  All made in house.  Served in a variety of sizes, mix flavors as you wish, my norm is to stick with one flavor in a small cup.  Point, pronounce the name, and pay, no Spanish really needed.  

We stopped here a couple of times, and at the smaller shop closer to the hotel a couple of times, trying to see which one was best.  They are both fantastic. 

14 comments:

  1. Food in both Spain and Portugal is taken seriously and I like that the people really care about what they serve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You know where to find one when the urge strikes you

      Delete
  3. Leaving aside the stock, Lucciano's looks like a beautiful shop. The name Lucciano sounds more Italian than Spanish to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looking at these treats I can feel the waistband of my pants expand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could say something off color about the things that arouse you.

      Delete
  5. Those are beautiful confections, but, alas, my sweet tooth is virtually non-existent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. They look like fun, I sampled the gelato

      Delete
  7. That was one thing I truly enjoyed in Italy...gelato. The best gelato I'd ever tasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is this little place in Florence,

      Delete