Wednesday, January 04, 2023

The Wednesday Ws - 2023 Week 1


What is in that photo?  Cardamom pods, in a street market in Malaga Spain, I could smell them before I saw them. 

What have I been up to?  I had a four day weekend, and mostly ignored my office email.  Back to work on Tuesday, my first staff meeting of the year. 

Who have I seen? Beyond the usual suspects, we hosted a party Friday evening for LGBTQ neighbors.  It was kind of a last minute idea.  We had no idea if anyone would show up. 12 people showed up.  A good time was had.  We have some interesting neighbors, a rocket scientist whose father was an astronaut, a theater producer, someone who answered "I could tell you what I do, but then I'd have to kill you."

What have we been eating?  New Years eve was smoked salmon, caviar and spanish ham.  New Years dinner was ham, green beans, and a potato casserole with lots of interesting cheese. Oh and fruitcake, I forgot to put the fruit cake out for the party.  It is about 30 proof.   

What is new?  Everyday is filled with fresh opportunities. 

What am I planning?  I am still trying to figure out a late spring vacation, someplace fun and scenic. 

What have I been reading?  Finished my first book of the year, about an Irish expat in Italy, started my second book - an English expat in. France. I love this stuff.  

Who have a talked to? Spo - I called over New Years and had a nice chin wag.  

What is next?  At the office I have a new person starting next week, and a couple of interesting work trips coming up. 

What is happening today?  I have a chapter to write for a book that is behind schedule, and a haircut scheduled for this afternoon.  The haircut is also behind schedule.  

How is the weather?  Mild, it was 63 on Monday, overcast with a warm breeze.  Much better than the 10 degrees at Christmas. 

Wishing you a pleasant return to routine after the holiday break. 



  




12 comments:

  1. Well, I'm certainly glad you didn't ask what the one guest did for a living!!!!!

    It was certainly nice having a four day weekend wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The four day weekend was nice, and 9.5 hours sleep last night.

      Delete
  2. When someone answers with '... but I'd have to kill you', it does make you rather curious. Sounds like you building is full of poofs 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 1,000 apartments in the four towers, there are more of us to come out of the elevators.

      Delete
  3. Hah! I met a few of those “if I tell you, I’ll have to kill you” types when we lived in D.C. I know for certain two were to be believed. Good you didn’t ask. So glad the New Year’s Eve party was a success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did say who she works for, if that was actually true. I shared an office with a retired CIA agent once, his wife thought he worked for the airforce for the first 20 years he was with the CIA.

      Delete
  4. Luckily we are entering the post-holiday slump, which will allow me to head back home for a few more days each week, which I have gotten to love during COVID.
    I will be on four-day weekends for the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone left a major project way behind schedule, I need to make up for what has not been done.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a very interesting group for your party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, I was surprised how many people showed up

      Delete
  6. Glad your LGBTQ party was a success! Sounds like fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice mix of people, a little coordination and people are eager for connection

      Delete