Monday, January 23, 2023

Moody Monday: Still Ready to Go



Travel Penguin and I have been around a while.  For about 20 years we have been traveling together.  He is always there, even if he seldom comes out to have his photo taken. 

Like him, I am always ready go.  I have my passport handy, four or five currencies on hand, luggage ready to pack on a moments notice.  The travel electronics bag is on the back right hand corner of my desk, right next to the camera, and the portable GPS unit with maps of North America and Europe. 

I am always looking for the next adventure.  Someone has the motto stay curious, I have never really adopted that one, but I should have.  

There is something new to be learned around every corner.  Sharon in Phoenix recently did a post where she zoomed in to capture the abstract beauty in spaces. Travel reminds me to see the world through more than one lens.  When people meet Travel they often remark that he is smaller than they expect.  He is only a couple of inches tall.  His larger than life appearance is a matter of perspective.  When I stop to take his photo, I see the world as he does, from a different perspective.  

Adventure awaits! 

10 comments:

  1. I was surprised at Travel Penguin's size, too. This is one of his best shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He spent yesterday in my pocket

      Delete
  2. I'd imagined Travel Penguin to be about 15cm tall. Sometimes I am informed that things are 20cm long, but they turn out not to be. Can't trust what you see nor what you are told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All a matter of perspective, from close up many appear larger than they are

      Delete
  3. I am stunned Travel is not much larger. The photos make him look enormous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a little guy, he sure gets around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has earned a lot of frequent flyer miles for a flightless fowl

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad I got to meet Travel Penguin. He's a clever little fellow.
    It was fun meeting you yesterday. We will have to do it again some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun, let me know when you are headed our way, and I will let you know when I am back in the Valley of the Sun.

      Delete