Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Travel Tuesday - I must have seen this

Do I ever look back through the archive, yes, and sometimes I don't remember seeing what I have photos of.  This beach covered with seals was taken near San Diego.  I remember the trip, I remember a friend who lived nearby picking us up in her car and driving us out the beach for brunch.  I remember walking on the rocks, on the beach, I don't remember the seals.  Yet I know I took the photos. 

I have never lived, and have seldom visited where seals are a common sight.  You would think they would stand out.  But they don't.  Memories are fickle at best.  The next time I see seals on the beach I will try to create a more vivid memory.  Maybe this one is crowded out by the parking lot filled with million dollar sports cars at the diner we stopped at for brunch (eggs benedict!) Melissa was driving a sensible Prius.   
 

15 comments:

  1. So funny that you remember what you had for brunch but not the seals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/10/2022

    Same here. I look back to check something in my blog and I don't remember some posts or photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I likely have repeated photos and written on the same topic, I almost never look back.

      Delete
  3. Can't remember everything! Cut your brain some slack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the color of Melinda's car, her hair, the Rolls Royce we parked in front of.

      Delete
  4. I often take picture and don't remember taking them.

    I love this picture though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memory is a fickle thing, and easily errased

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have pictures like this! Oh, wait. Sorry, just pictures of my sisters and me at the beach. The swimsuits are a dead giveaway! I'm in a bit of a silly mood today. Can you tell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as the kids don't try to push us back in the water like a beached whale.

      Delete
    2. Been there, done that!

      Delete
  7. I see pictures I took last week I don't remember taking...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fickle as I say. Research shows that "eye wittnesses" are unreliable

      Delete
  8. It's even worse that you don't remember taking the photo but also can't remember the people in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been good at remembering names

      Delete