Saturday, May 14, 2022

The Saturday Morning Post - Something Different


My Saturday Morning Posts, are usually written about a week ahead of time, something different this one was written in mid-April because of planned travel.  I haven't missed posting every day in over five years, I have no intention of starting to miss days now.  My guess is my blog will stop, about 10 days after I die.  (I do have a draft obituary for someone to post when the time comes -hopefully it needs revising a few times between now and when it needs to be posted.) I doubt that I will be able to schedule that one to post, now that would be something different.  

We are out doing what my parents would have described as spending our children's inheritance. Since we don't have any children, it is our money and we can do with it what we like. And we like taking care of ourselves, traveling, eating well, and feathering our nest. We like doing something different, things that we enjoy, and doing them our way.  

My father loved going out driving around, he called it bumming around, no particular plan, stop for lunch, stop to visit friends, drive around and see what was new, what was old, revisiting places from the past.  It was his something different.  I think my mother would have preferred more of a plan.  She was wound a little to tight sometimes.  

Hopefully you haven't noticed something different, I try hard to create a sense of continuity in my posts.  Regular service will resume. Maybe  I will even try posting the day I write something, that would be different for me. 

  

13 comments:

  1. Your better than I. When I'm gone, people know. I would never have time to do post for every day when I'm gone. And I love blogging. Nope, I never know when you're gone. It's seamless, unless you mention it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I broke cover on this adventure

      Delete
  2. You’re right. I never know when you’re gone... unless you tell us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/14/2022

    Death Cleaning! Yes, I must write my final post and write instructions for R as to how to post it.

    I think I would have enjoyed a car jaunt with your old man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My non itinerary itinerary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know the old saying -- "you can't take it with you" -- so enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remind myself of that often,

      Delete
  6. You are right, I never know when you are away. My dad like a good "drive" too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've often wondered how to prepare my blog if I were to die suddenly. Like you I imagine writing some postmortem posts to pop up from time to time - like Hari Seldon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post mortem posting is an idea

      Delete
    2. We are huge fans of "bumming around." Love to just get out and explore and see there the day takes us. We also allow ourselves to enjoy the fruits of our labor, whether it's a nice meal, vacation, new frock, or giant merman. We earn our money and spend it how we see fit...no apologies.

      Delete